What's new

*** Official "THE LIZZIE MCGUIRE MOVIE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I drew the short straw amongst my wife and one of our friends. And now I am forced to take my daughters and their friends to see the Lizzie McGuire movie. :eek:
Now, I have watched the show before. And since it only runs 20 minutes on tv and I can do other things I have been able to handle it. But, I heard this movie is just under 2 hours. The only thing keeping going is that I am going to see X2 after with some of the guys.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Amen to that Patrick:D Only reason I watched the show those 2 times, hehe. Thank God I wont be going to watch it, ill be watching X-Men right after school while my sister is watching the Lizzy Maguire movie. I guess you can fal asleep and then have a good time at X2.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Todd,

Think you have it bad. I had to review the damn thing. I was ready to kill myself numerous times throughout the film.

Oh well, sometimes you have to see absolute crap so that you can see a real gem early.

Mark

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I kinda like the TV show, especially the episodes directed by "Savage" Steve Holland. The movie trailers make it look very much like one of the episodes not directed by him, though. I'm off the hook, anyway. My 6-1/2 year old will be seeing it as part of a group for a friend's birthday party, and I am not one of the chaperones.

Regards,

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
It isn't good, but it isn't even close to the worst thing I've seen this year. (C-, for the record.) The movie is around 90 minutes, including the end credits, so you're not in for two hours.

I was getting antsy to leave because I had a ticket for The Flaming Lips concert that night, but I went to see this for review since I had plenty of time before the show started. Then the local DJs doing the promotional stuff before the film get it started 10-15 minutes late. AAGH! Unfortunately I missed Sparklehorse's set, but I got to see The Flaming Lips in their entirety.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Then the local DJs doing the promotional stuff before the film get it started 10-15 minutes late
Yeah the screening I was at started late because of some DJ's doing promotional stuff. Now I can't slam the DJ's because that's my future gig but of all the movies to start late why did it have to be that one. I just wanted to get in/out and go home and review the beast.

It's not the worst thing I've seen all year either but I didn't like it at all.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'll fess up, I did sit through this, and while there's some gaffaws in the film (mainly from the supporting cast), it's pretty dreadful.

It gets 1 star, or a grade of D.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Alex Borstein is playing Lizzie's teacher right? I feel terribly sorry for her

Alex Borstein = Lois Griffin, Ms.Swan

I'll admit Hilary Duff is a sweet piece of...girl

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Pete Guzzo

Grip
I saw this tonight with my family. I thought is was a good family movie. My kids loved it. Does anyone know how I can find out what hotel they filmed the movie at in Rome? It looked very similar to the one my wife and I stayed at 2 years ago but I couldn't be sure. Just curious if there is a way to find out. Thanks if anyone can help.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This thread is killing me!

There are few things more hilarious than hearing a bunch of too-cool guys talking about how much they disliked a movie made for pre-teen girls.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
X2 was sold out so I bought my ticket in advance for the next day showing and since I was already at the theater I figured I'd check out Lizzie McGuire... Using my usual philosophy of "At worst I'll hate it, at best I'll like it" I went as the oldest single male in the audience (Parents not included) and...

I actually liked it! Sure it's a cheezy kiddie girl thing but it was nicely done. The fact it took place in a foreign country added to the cool factor. It reminded me more of Princess Diaries which I liked.

Now I'm not familiar with the TV show so I can't compare it to it. But I was expecting something similar to Coyote Ugly or Josie And The Pussycats (Which I both own on DVD) but seeing the audience was mostly little girls and that my IQ was probably higher than the combined IQ of everyone else in the room lowered my expectation to "Crossroads" Level which resulted in me liking the film.

I probably won't buy the DVD unless it's released on a week where nothing else that I want comes out AND that it's OAR which knowing Disney, will most likely be MAR-Only (Yeah, a 2:35 movie in P&S Only - That's stupid but considering that they think nobody over 10 actually enjoyed it, wouldn't surprise me)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks