What's new

*** Official THE LADYKILLERS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
That AICN review is heartening. Notices elsewhere appear to be pretty mixed so far.

I'm seeing a sneak preview of this tonight, so I can report back with some impressions.

--Jefferson Morris

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jeff. Please do. Cant wait until Saturday to see it myself.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Ladykillers" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Ladykillers" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
I share my last name with one of the characters!!! Sure, you may be thinking that it's not such a big deal but my last name is PANCAKE. J.K. Simmons plays "Garth Pancake" in the movie! And he's a main character!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Wonderful, my boys came through again! Fine music too.
Great moment for me, a line from Blood Simple,"Who looks stupid NOW?"

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Just saw it tonight. The film does have some flaws, but it had many LOL moments. It's the Coen's funniest since The Big Lebowski.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Absolutely HILARIOUS. I have never, ever laughed so damn much in a theater.

"We must have, waffles, forthwith!"

Great visuals too by Roger Deakins.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I loved it too.
The crowd I saw this with went nuts for it.They had a ball. A older woman behind me was laughing so hard she was crying.

MUCH better than Intolerable Cruelty which I hated. Not as great as some of their best work still very good IMHO.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Quite fun, although not too far up there on my list (so far).

I loved how it all tailed up at the end with Pickle's contribution to the island. And it was kind of fun watching the Coens deal with Hip-Hop culture in their films (which I think they did quite creatively without emasculating Marlon Wayans).

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
"Easiest thing in the world!"

This movie actually gets funnier the more I think about it. During the experience, I found it a little uneven - even boring at times. But, like most good Coen work, the genius begins to reveal itself as I recall the beautiful dialogue.

I still prefer "Intolerable Cruelty"...and "Big Lebowski" and "Raising Arizona" will forever be my favorite Coen comedies...but, this film is quite good and very amusing.

Seems Coen reviews are often mixed (see Lebowski) and get better over time.

Mike Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I agree with the above comments...the film was somewhat uneven, especially in the beginning. But I'd have to say I enjoyed it overall, and found it to be a good change from the normal mindless jokes lots of comedies are.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i loved it.
the death scene with the general was probably the "funniest" death scene i ever saw.

there was only about 10 people in the theater but i dont think they got it as me and my wife were the only ones laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks