What's new

*** Official THE KARATE KID (2010) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Karate Kid". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Karate Kid" should be posted to the [COLOR= rgb(68, 112, 140)]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by mattCR

While people gripe at the runtime, you have to remember the original film was 130minutes runtime. So, it's not so much longer then the version that you can get @ home now.

Not a bad film, far better then A-Team for me, a solid B. Decent family fair. Should have been named "Kung Fu Kid" though. The cinematography in this film is very, very good.. and the views of the landscape/scenery are great.

I know this is an old thread but I have to comment on the cinematography. I looks awful to me, typical of many films of the last several years...digitally manipulated with an ugly teal cast. Most of the movie shot with "floaty cam", again, like most other commercial movies these days. Ie the camera is never still giving the impression the film was shot quickly with little regard for composition beyond the steadicam guy just getting the shots.

Sorry if this is a threadcrap but I just wish more films were made these days with more craft. This remake looks like TV.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's not a thread crap, but it's also not a review; so it's been moved to the Official Discussion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks