What's new

*** Official THE INCREDIBLE HULK Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
OK OK OK...

Cut To - The Abomination / Hulk fight scene at the end

Hulk smashes the cop car in half and uses it as giant metal boxing gloves to pound the Abomination into the street. He starts pounding his face in, then the Abomination taunts him, and then...

BAM! All of the sudden, the Abomination is climbing a building and the soldier in the helicopter asks Ross which monster to fire at?

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Did anyone else see that? What did I miss? Oh wait, did they cut out some shots from the whole fight scene? WTF?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Brian,
You must be missing some scenes. There was not cut like that in the film, though those sequences are possibly only a minute or so apart.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
It really pisses me off that the Hulk does little more than growl and roar in this new film, much like the Ang Lee film, and also the Billy Bixby TV show. Okay, he's got a few words in this new movie, but the Hulk of the great old comics was able to articulate and carry on conversations, even if he spoke like a caveman ("Puny humans always hound Hulk and never leave Hulk alone... Betty is Hulk's only friend.. Hulk will protect Betty! -- Hulk is coming for you, Ross!!!").

There were many facets to the Hulk over the years. He sometimes retained the brain of Bruce Banner, sometimes turned into the gray Hulk who became "Joe Fixit". He's got a lot more potential as a communicative character than these dopey films and old TV show would have you believe.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Yea, I don't know how much of that audiences would buy right away. It's one thing to read it in a comic book and quite another when he starts making speeches in a movie.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I loved the Super Soldier Serum stuff. Seeing Blonsky in action made me yearn for a Cap movie more than ever.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just saw this yesterday and I enjoyed it as much as Iron Man. I even thought the fight at the end was more satifying then the Iron Man final fight as it seemed to have more time to play out. I got the idea that Iron Man used his smarts to outwit his enemy and that was good, but it seemed a bit anti climatic.

I am not well versed in the comic book world but I saw the Bill Bixby series and enjoyed that, so I enjoyed those references in the film and appreciated the homages.

But what I didn't get was all your comments that Captain America was made references to? Where was that?

And I liked the last scene with Stark, though again, I don't have knowledge of this organization of super heros that I gather was created in the comics. I'll look for a wiki on it.

Adam_Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Duncan
Saw this earlier today. I found it to be an enjoyable film overall. Certainly better than the 2003 film which, while having some interesting ideas, was seriously flawed in many ways. This film was a curious mix between the 1970s TV series and the comic books. There were many references to both of these throughout the film in sight gags, character names and dialogue.

A couple of minor problems:

1. Blonsky's transformation. I wanted to see more of this. We got a nice graphic transformation of Banner into the Hulk when it was artifically induced in the lab. I wanted to see an equally graphic transformation for Blonsky but we didn't really get it. We saw enough to show how monstrous he becomes but I still wanted more.

2. The Hulk's dialogue: If you're going to the trouble of casting Lou Ferrigno to provide the Hulk's voice, give him a few more lines! He only spoke about three times and two of those were barely audible.

I also noticed that several of the scenes featured in the various trailers, such as the conversation Bruce has with Doc Samson, were not included in the film. Hopefully, these will be on the DVD as that scene in particular looked pretty interesting.

Adam_Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Duncan

In the comic books, the Abomination can't revert back to his human self, which is one of the reasons he hates Banner and the Hulk. I hope any future Hulk films he appears in will keep this intact.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

The "cameo" of Bill Bixby was from the series "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", not from the Hulk show. I thought it would have been cooler to show a scene from that (maybe him hitch-hiking at the end). Still was a nice homage to the Bix.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Well, the most recent incarnation of the Abomination does change, but yes, the classic character does not. If they make the character like that in the movie - which I have no problem with - it just adds to my point. What was the military, which to that point could not stop either the Hulk or the Abomination, supposed to do to contain Blonsky?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

I caught that Gary, I felt it was a nicer homage for Bixby then if they had used a scene from Bixby's Hulk series. Maybe it's me, but I think a shot of Bixby from his Hulk series could have taken you out of this movie's world.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm

I'm sick of the gags in every Superhero movie. For some reason they feel they need to use a gag as away to distance themselves from the CB.

The Transformation sucked as if they were going to have a big reveal later on. Yet they spoiled it online anyway.

As far as Lou goes was it necessary to use him in a speakjing role. After all he has speech impediment. I was hard enough to hear the Hulk as it was. His appearance in the movie was enough for the tv show fanboys. I'm getting sick of these also. I'm surprised Adam West hasn't been in every Batman movie. Probably because he refused a lame cameo.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Yes, I saw it. Today.
Sorry to be so late to the party, but, I agree, I was a jarringly bad jump in the action.
That's the only reason I read this whole thread.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

I'd say the chances of a sequel are pretty long at this point. Marvel will focus on getting Captain America and the Avengers going as well potentially "re-booting" the Spider-Man series (on top of Iron Man 2) now.

The Hulk had two chances, I think they're going to put that IP on the cooler for a bit.

Also there was a huge falling out with Edward Norton, so they probably would have to recast a third time, and at this rate, they probably just don't even want to bother.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think the studio's line is that there'll definitely be another Hulk movie. But with all the issues already mentioned, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks