What's new

*** Official The Departed Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It opens on Friday, and I'm really getting excited about it. Rotten Tomatoes has a 100% rating so far for it, and Kevin Smith and Richard Roeper gave it two massive thumbs up. Roeper called it the best movie of the year so far.

~T

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
The Departed - :star::star::star:1/2

My review

I wrote a long review so I won't repost it here. In short:

Brutally funny.

I think it will improve on a second viewing when I'll be less stressed about the resolution. And the use of Comfortably Numb in the film is almost as perfect as the famous bar fight (set to an incredible song whose title escapes me) in Mean Streets.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Which version of "Comfortably Numb" is it? The song in Mean Streets is "Mr Postman."

~T

Josh.C

Second Unit
Lot's of talk about the "Comfortably Numb" version in the trailor. I made it known in earlier posts that I didn't care for it. Interesting that all the previews I've seen on TV haven't used it like the trailor offered on the HTF.

I'm very excited about this movie, and haven't been really pumped for a film since Superman.

JC

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Seeing this tonight!! Can't wait!

He really might get the oscar for this one.

Regards,
Nathan

PS- I worry that Roger's days as a film critic might be over.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Waitasec! This comes out Friday? Why the hell didn't I know that?!

It might take some scheduling, but I'm there. :)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I'm excited about any Scorsese film (including his non-gangster pictures, which include masterpieces like The Last Temptation of Christ and The Age of Innocence), but these reviews have got me more-than-usually psyched. I suspect I'll be venturing out opening night for this one.

--Jefferson Morris

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
It's definitely the most entertaining Hollywood has released so far this year. And I can not wait for that HD DVD release!

Mike.P

Second Unit
Glad I wasn't alone when I was like "thats definately Roger Waters from the Wall - Live from Berlin with Van Morrison doing Comfortably Numb, not a cover...". Actually one of my favorite versions of the song, to be quite honest, and its definately one of my all time faves song wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks