What's new

The Dark Knight (2008) (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Back in 2006 the IMAX screening of Superman Returns was a hard ticket to come by. We saw it 3 times in IMAX and every one of them was sold out in advance. Something this huge the demand/interest is very high for an IMAX screening.

Got to get those tickets early Nicholas!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Saw it way earlier today. Unbelievably good and I can't wait for the story to continue in a third film. Very highly top notch and just one of those movies I'd love to own. Sound was great too since it was DTS and not only that the staff at the theater I went to are dedicated for the best experience possible. Damn, I want to buy the soundtrack.
I thought Batman Begins was great. The Dark Knight goes "beyond" and excells at sheer brilliance. This is one of those films where you feel like you're an observer into their world it was that enveloping. Soon as possible, I'm going to go see it again.
Just, wow.:D

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Saw it this morning. Waltzed into the Imax theater and got choice seats, because I waited long enough for the furor to die down a bit
Enjoyed the film quite a bit. The IMAX sequences were very nice, they made me wish movies were still being filmed in 70 mm. I burst out in applause after the "Skyhook" scene. Ledger was indeed brilliant.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I saw 'The Dark Knight' last night at a reasonably new (stadium seating), up-market multi-plex in the Twin Cities. Great movie, but I was shocked at the poor quality of the print, which was easily among the worst I've seen of a first run theatrical release. The picture lacked "snap", during any and all sequences, with an overall dull, off-color appearance and lack of contrast. In addition, it was plagued by scratches, some that continued for 10 minutes or more of screen time. It was appalling to see what should have been a reasonably fresh print of a major release in that condition.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
#1 for the third weekend in a row.

1. "The Dark Knight," $43.8 million.
2. "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor," $42.5 million.
3. "Step Brothers," $16.3 million.
4. "Mamma Mia!" $13.1 million.
5. "Journey to the Center of the Earth," $6.9 million.

Remember this??

:laugh:

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Timely... My mom saw the movie this weekend and called me up and one of the questions she asked me was "Why does Batman talk like Clint Eastwood?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've always wanted Clint Eastwood to play Batman in the film version of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns". But Clint's a little too old for the role nowadays, but he'd been okay 15 years ago.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think the reason for his voice is because Bruce Wayne is famous and he obviously can't speak in his normal voice for fear of it being recognized. now when it's just him and Gordon talking and he keeps that voice, well, i don't have an answer for that :P. i guess he's method!

btw i just saw the film a second time today... in the interrogation room scene where Joker is telling Bats of the Dent/Rachel situation, did Joker say something along the lines of "does Dent know about you and his little bunny?", implying that he knows Batman's secret identity?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
we know why he changes his voice.
it just happens to have been over modulated.

joker doesn't know who batman is.
he just noticed that Batman seems to have extra interest in Rachel.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

No. Joker never actually saw Bruce Wayne at the party because he was on his way out to prepare for the fight after hiding Harvey in the closet.

Joker said that in reaction to Batman's leap out the window to save Rachel without even thinking about it. It showed Joker that Batman really cared for her.

EDIT:

This is what happens when two people answer the same question at around the same time.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I've seen it 4 times in the theaters in all formats...digital, film, twice on IMAX. Still have to go once more on the IMAX, cause my girlfriend has been begging me to see it there with her. (i've already seen it with her, but i keep on telling her how much better it is on the IMAX.)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The growl got worse for his final talk with Joker and the confrontation with Dent. I took that as exhaustion and pain.

He didnt speak that way when he was talking to Lucious before leaving to find Joker or when he alone with Gordon when they decided the coverup with Harvey.

Joker tried to stab him, but it unclear to me if he was successful in doing so. As he was hauling Joker up by the feet he can clearly be seen holding his side.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I thought his voice was over the top but what drives me nuts is when Wayne, as Batman, uses it when he's talking to people he knows, like Rachel. I was half expecting Morgan Freeman's character to say to him, "You're among friends here, you can drop the bat voice".

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
According to HowStuffWorks, there's a microphone in Batman's cowl and a discreet speaker in his suit that are used to amplify and transform his voice to sound more frightening. Of course that's not explained in the movie, but that might be the official explanation, considering that the writer's source is the "Batman Begins Digital Press Kit."

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I have seen it twice now.

Just curious as to why Batman saves Two Face and not Rachel ?

Or have I missed something

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
They may have chosen to always keep the voice while he's in costume for effect, or it may be that it is just "how Batman talks," and when he's Batman...he's Batman.

Batman always spoke like Batman in B:TAS, even when it was just him and Alfred chilling in the cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks