What's new

The Dark Knight (2008) (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Took in a second viewing with a friend. It holds up well; although, I did start to see some holes in the continuity. I also found the antics of The Joker to be a little more humourous on the second go round.

Yesterday was the first viewing for my friend. His impression was that the characters were truer to the comic books than Burton's films.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
OT: Journey to the Line was used in the original teaser for Pearl Harbor, which ended with the appearance of hundreds of Japanese planes in the sky. I hated the movie, but that teaser was brilliant.

I'd offer a link but my work blocks movie sites. Do a search and you should be able to find it easily enough.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
As a sidenote...you guys should really pick up the the Dark Knight book with the shooting script. I was delving into it some more over yesterday, and then you realise how much was improvised by Ledger, and some nice little variances with what was on the page and what hit the screen. For instance, instead of Batman just saying he was gonna get Rachel when the Joker just said where she was, he says to Gordon, "Dent knew the risks." Ouch.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Actually that's an interesting justification. Dent did know the risks, and Rachel was essentially a "civilian." She didn't choose to put her life in such direct danger, so maybe Batman was right to make her a priority.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Not really. He chose her emotionally, which makes sense.

But she is no more a "civilian" than Dent. Both are DA's, both are on the same cases, and she's dating the most hated man in Gotham. She absolutely chose her life.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Most hated by the Mob and a lot of cops anyway.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

DeeF

Screenwriter
I haven't read through this entire thread, but I would like to know...

Are there any naysayers? Anybody not like the film?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
There are a few. They kind of disappeared after the movie destroyed their projections at the box office.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
So I finally get a chance to see the IMAX version.

Yesterday, I hopped on a regional transit bus (the IMAX theater is in downtown Toronto) for an hour-long ride, then a 20 minute subway ride to the theater itself.

I get there for the 7PM showing and I am told that - after all that time traveling there by transit - that the IMAX version is SOLD OUT, and was sold out for every showing for the day.

The daily showtimes are 12PM, 3:30PM, 7PM and 10:30PM.

What a waste.

I figured that on a Thursday, and being an IMAX version which is more expensive, that I'd get to see it without this happening.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Ouch, Nicholas. That sucks. Don't forget though - it's summer so a lot more people have free time, and this movie was made for the Imax so I think a lot more people are going to see the Imax versions of the film than other movies that have had Imax showings (such as Spider Man).

I went and saw it last Saturday at the Imax in Calgary, and bought my tickets four days early and was told that there were only 20 tickets left. I was also told to show up two hours early if I wanted a good seat as people were starting to line up for the movie as soon as the previous showing had started.

Maybe things will die down a bit this weekend, but for anyone going to see an Imax show, I would try to get tickets a few days ahead of time if you can, and show up early to get a good seat. Obviously this is a bit more difficult if you have to take a long bus/train ride, but maybe you can buy tickets online for some shows. The Imax here allowed you to do that for the noon shows only.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Our theater allowed IMAX purchases on fandango. Of course, I bought mine a day ahead in person since I work a half-mile from the IMAX theater. :D

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I would have pre-purchased the ticket but I went there as a spur of the moment type of thing, something I'd been trying to do since last Saturday and had no idea that the film would be sold out there on of all days yesterday. I suddenly found that I had free time, which didn't happen since last weekend so I took off to Toronto. The last IMAX film I saw was Apollo 13, so I have no idea how successful the DMR presentations are compared to regular screenings.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered my IMAX tickets on Fandango 4 days before the showing just to be safe. When I got there the theater was completely full and I probably wouldn't have gotten in if I hadn't ordered the tickets ahead of time.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
It's funny, these similar stories about IMAX ticket reservations are making me want to see it that way even more than the descriptions of how much scope it has and all that.

I'll buy a Cineplex ticket online for the next best day I can.

On a side note, the theater I'm talking about (and David knows) is called the Scotiabank theater, and used to be owned by and called The Paramount. I always thought it was strange that when the owners and name both changed, they kept the giant U.S.S. Enterprise-E and Klingon Bird Of Prey models hanging over the lobby, both obviously owned by Paramount.

Doesn't mean I'm not happy they are still there because they're still pretty impressive to look at, but it is a little odd.

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks