What's new

The Dark Knight (2008) (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Here's a semi cool article about the new Batsuit. Apparently all that talk in the movie about Titanium dipped something or other with carbon fiber coated kevlar blah blah blah is all real...

The Batsuit gets a makeover - Los Angeles Times

A lot of times this stuff get misquoted, but I hope there is some good behind-the-scenes material on it for the Blu.

aldamon

Second Unit
I purposely skipped reading the spoiler sites for three years, so I apologize if this is old news, but has anyone gone back to YouTube after seeing the movie and checked out the stunt footage there? There are some great videos of the (100% real!!!) truck being flipped on LaSalle St., multiple vids of the "hospital" explosion, the stunt batman practicing one of his skyscraper dives in broad daylight (he waves to onlookers while dangling from the helicopter), and multiple videos of the scene where the SWAT guys are shot out of the window on their zip line. Lots more, too.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Anyone have issues with the climatic fight with the Joker and the dogs? It was the only time I really couldn't track what was happening clearly.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"That quick, quiet moment of Batman straightening, taking a breath, and getting ready to leap down on Scarecrow's van was gold. "

Yea it was.

No opinion on "lashing out" charge until more is known.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Such a brief moment in the film, but I am in complete agreement on all points here. One of the many great scenes in this film that were a treat to see.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor

Down the toilet? For what? Until full details come out I won't pass judgement. If he physically harmed them I think he would have been charged and arrested but he was just questioned and released, most likely a verbal argument.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Possibly somewhat off topic here, but after seeing this film (and watching "Begins" again recently) I'm interested in reading some of the novels that have been mentioned in this thread. Can someone gove me a quick primer on which ones to pick up, proper order etc.?

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
It's not like Lenny Rakes held a very high opinion in the first place.

Anyways, I find the article very suspicious. It says Bale essentially turned himself in.

...Clearly he would have let Aaron Eckhart take the fall.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Yeah. I had wanted him to live so badly for the third film. But it was pretty clear on the second viewing that he was gone.

I have the Art of... with script on it's way. That'll be a fun read.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay

These three shoud suffice for now...

Batman: Year One – It all starts here in this story by Frank Miller and David Mazuchelli. After years of learning how to be a detective and training in the martial arts and ninjitsu in the Far East, Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham City to begin his war on crime. Learn how he first met a young Lt. James Gordon (who would later become the famous commissioner of the GCPD) and hot-shot District Attorney Harvey Dent, as they all try to free their city from a corrupt police department and fight against the mobster known as Carmine “The Roman” Falcone.

BATMAN: The Long Halloween – From Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale , The Long Halloween is a year-long story featuring Batman, Capt. Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent as they combat the forces of Carmine “the Roman” Falcone while also trying to discover the identity of a man who’s killing mobsters every month on a holiday. This story features several of Batman’s famous enemies and includes the transformation of Harvey Dent into Two-Face. This trade also includes the first time Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle (a.k.a. Catwoman) engage in a romantic relationship.

The Killing Joke - Alan Moore - Here is Moore's take on the Joker's origin in this tale of insanity and human perseverance. Looking to prove that any man can be pushed past his breaking point and go mad, the Joker attempts to drive Commissioner Gordon insane.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I'd recommend The Dark Knight Returns before Year One, but that's just me. I find Year One's story pretty cool, but I've never liked the art.

I'd also recommend getting Dark Victory, the sequel to The Long Halloween.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Does Rachel exist in the comic books/graphic novels and is she killed in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks