What's new

*** Official THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Well, the movie is supposed to be taking place 5 years later, and 5 years haven't actually passed since Pitch Black was made, so the girl probably hasn't aged enough.

Not that I am complaining, because the new actor did a really good job, IMO.

I'd also be interested to see if a longer cut fills in some of the blanks. As I said, it is one of my big issues with this film...

Jason

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, Pitch Black was made in 98/99 so, five years did indeed pass...

Nonetheless it is common to recast when characterst "grow up" - a good child actor may not be stay so good, and vice versa.

Twohy has indicated that a directors cut would be ~15 minutes longer.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Hmm, I thought they zoomed in on the knife earlier. And no time to remove it? Oh well.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Personally I really enjoyed this movie. It certainly had its flaws, but I thought it was a good movie. I think that there was enough story line to still leave shadows cast over Riddick some of the time, and even tho his lines may have been predictable, I think they worked.

Pitch Black was amazing imho, but I dunno if I'd compare these two movies. (funny how that is) But I think Pitch Black was more of a horror/survival movie, and this was an action/adventure flick. Either way, I'm really hoping lots of people go out to get this so that we can complete the trilogy! (Oh and I want my DC on DVD soon!)

Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was pleasantly surprised to see "Gwen/Electric-Girl" from "Angel" show up as Kira/Jack.

I thought the 3rd act was so clumsily put together. The flow of the film just wasn't up to the concepts Twohy was trying to introduce.

I kept thinking to myself: "to be the man, you got to beat the man" so the ending was sort of telegraphed a ways away.

Anyone notice Karl Urban (Vaako) was the same guy who played Eomer in the LOTR films. He reminded me of Greg Evigan (BJ and the Bear) in this movie.

Vin's head always reminds me of Mini-Me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was pleasantly surprised to see "Gwen/Electric-Girl" from "Angel" show up as Kira/Jack.

I thought the 3rd act was so clumsily put together. The flow of the film just wasn't up to the concepts Twohy was trying to introduce.

I kept thinking to myself: "to be the man, you got to beat the man" so the ending was sort of telegraphed a ways away.

Anyone notice Karl Urban (Vaako) was the same guy who played Eomer in the LOTR films. He reminded me of Greg Evigan (BJ and the Bear) in this movie.

Vin's head always reminds me of Mini-Me.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Conan the Barbarian in outer space. That's what I thought at the end when he was sitting on the marshal lord's throne.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Conan the Barbarian in outer space. That's what I thought at the end when he was sitting on the marshal lord's throne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks