What's new

*** Official THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Richard,

Nice post and I agree with much of it.

I agree, the Madrid scene does a lot in a small office. And you're right, editors and filmmakers in general will be dissecting this film (as they often do) to continue to enhance their techniques.

However, when you mention the cellphone it seems that you may have meant Morocco instead of Madrid.

The Morocco scene ... I'm 'so so' about. Loved the final fight in a small room. Thought the many windows jumped through and some of the fast cutting took me out of the moment and into critical observer mode ... not a good thing.

Frankly, I wish they were more minimalist like the first film, the cuts to rows of analysts viewing monitors is the opposite of that and is not intrigue.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I don't disagree with this interpretation, although I find it inexact and incomplete.
Nikky says:
"It was always difficult for me with you."
That's personal, not professional. It evokes guilt and affection. She lingers on when she can and should leave. In the cafe she reaches across the table to touch his hand. Later, after the fight with Desh, she soaks a wash cloth and drapes it over his bruised and cut hands. She's reaching out to him, but the action tells her and us that it's too late for that. The film evokes feelings instead of explaining them in dialog, and that's the only intelligent way to play it.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator

I completely agree. Although the filmmakers were intentionally ambiguous, this was my initial gut reaction to the scene. While you could interpret this any number of ways, I'm glad it was left up to us as viewers to work it out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I think there was a personal relationship too. Hopefully, if they make another film that they explore this issue again.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, it could also mean something a lot more tangible than the theories being floated about :P

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks