What's new

***Official: The Amazing Race Season 3 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say this BUT ... those "Ugly Americans" make all the great Americans look bad!!

She drops some paper at the first stop "Oh leave it, it's just garbage"

He Screws up royally with the gas then goes and dumps it all over the ground ..... smart move butthead...

Brent l

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>He Screws up royally with the gas then goes and dumps it all over the ground ..... smart move butthead... >

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. All it would take is one spark for that stuff to go off and BOOM, big lawsuit. I'm guessing the camera guy called SOMEONE that was affiliated in their game with the government, and had some local garbagemen clean it up or something...

Shawn C

Screenwriter
He Screws up royally with the gas then goes and dumps it all over the ground ..... smart move butthead...
Hey, it kept them in the game. I thought it was a pretty good idea to get the old gas out of the tank and replace it with diesel. It was obviously better than just giving up and going to a hotel all night long, like one of the teams did.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe the grief Flo gave Zach as they were trying to get to the ferry. She blamed him for the diesel fuel mix-up, but wasn't she the one crying about the repelling? She's definitely a PITA in some respects.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
That episode was perfect. You had teams swapping places, teams screwing up (some bigger than others), people crying, cab racing, and no point where they all bunch up together (I was afraid the ferry would do that, but with sailings every hour, it made it enough of a difference to keep the teams apart, but not super far apart).

I hope there's more of that to come.

Rooting for the twins - I guess since my wife and I are expecting twins in three weeks.

I hated to see Kathy and Michael get eliminated.

I wanted Arianne and Aaron to get the boot.

That Aaron is the whinnest, little wuss. Sitting on the curb crying saying "I want to go home" - Please go home.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>
That Aaron is the whinnest, little wuss. Sitting on the curb crying saying "I want to go home" - Please go home.
>
Heh, another thing I was thinking. If I where in his postition alone, that is probably what I'd be doing myself ;). But with someone else, who's more experienced and resourcfull at navigating than I am, I'd be more pissed at myself for making the mistake than crying my ass off...
If I got back in action, god help the other teams who get in my way ;).

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Maybe the people in the next race will finally realize that you can never give up. As if the mom and daughter last year was not enough, now we have Kathy and Michael laying around a hotel room, not even worried about getting the car fixed. I'm not sure that they realized it was the gas v. diesel thing, maybe they thought there was a real mechanical problem with their car, but still, call around, I'm sure some guy at a gas station is sitting around that can fix the car or knows someone who can.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Ya, but they didn't sleep in a hotel while everyone else was moving on. Only when they wanted to use the Concierge services or they had to wait for something to open.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Just FYI all, Amazing Race has been pre-empted by the Redne...Country Music Association awards

Boy, that's much better. I'd almost rather sports pre-empt it than that

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
gah.
So, is it just going to come on later, or air the next day?
There's too many award shows as it is ;).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, "The Amazing Race" is sports.
Nope

Not unless Double Dare or any other game show is a sport as well. Because honestly, TAR is Double Dare with a passport and without the goo.

I wouldn't mind professional sports broadcasts nearly as much if they were pre-recorded and fit neatly into a pre-programmed time slot like The Amazing Race. Totally different animal. If TAR were done in the style of MLB, we'd sit there watching them pick their noses and snore on the planes for dozens of episodes.

Just so we're clear on this:

The Amazing Race does not supplant reguarly schedualed narrative programming

The Amazing Race starts and ends when schedualed

Therefore, it does not fall under 95% of my complaints about professional sports

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Teri and Ian Need to go. I'm with Flo and Zach('We need to beat them!).

Sadly, I think they have what it takes to get all the way through to the final two teams.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Terri and Ian absolutely need to go. I'm starting to get worried about Ken & Gerard tho, and 911 is right back at the end of the pack. I'm happy to hate Ian, he's quickly becoming Wil, he even has a goofy hat :)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I kinda figured that it wouldn't be long until someone on the Amazing Race would be detained and jailed. too funny..... glad they're ok tho. What was up with that handshake at the end?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It seems to be bad to be a car in this run of TAR.. Lets see, 4 people put gasoline in Mitsubishi diesel trucks.... A bus hits a car causing a traffic hazard. The A&A team's Land Cruiser overheats and radiator is busted. Next week they show the two brothers Mercedes SUV blowing a tire.

Too bad the Moraccans didn't let the cameraperson film while they were detained, that would of been entertaining! I thought it kind of funny that some cabbie took them to the middle of nowhere and left them there, that must of sucked. A&A really got hosed by their car problem. By missing the 11:10 bus, they must of really been pushed back, I wonder how much time did Team 911 miss from being detained. It seemed still fairly light out when they got to the end, whereas A&A were selling escargot in the dark...

Don't forget next week's episode (11/20) is at 8pm ET, somehow it's an hour early.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks