***Official: The Amazing Race Season 3 Thread***

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

CBS.com has post the teams for The Amazing Race 3. This race has 12 teams, 1 more than the first two races. It's much harder to judge the teams but I'm placing my bets on the identical twins Derek/Drew for now. They look like this years Rob/Brennan and Chris/Alex type team. The first episode is Wednesday 10/2 at 9 PM. Can't wait!
    Admins, feel free to rename this to an official thread if you want.

2. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Cool I can't wait for this season to start!! I agree about the twins but ya never know.....

3. Alex S

Alex S Second Unit

Daniel your right, they look like the favorites.
    But I'm rooting for Heather (one on the left).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Cool. I'm a big fan of the amazing race. I could care less about the actual contest, I just like seeing all of the different parts of the world. It's really pretty fascinating to me. I did like "Itchy and Scratchy" from last season...

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Just a reminder AR fans that Amazing Race 3 is on tonight at 9pm, CBS (EST)...

Hope it's a good one!

Jay

6. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

"Who will win.... The Amazing Race."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

8. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, Heather is definetly my type, but so it one of the other racers whose name I don't know yet [​IMG]. Although, Heathers friend isn't that bad either [​IMG]

9. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

The one thing I don't like about The Amazing Race is that it's up against The West Wing. Out of all the reality tv shows, The Amazing Race is the only one I can stand. (Well, there was Murder in Small Town X, but I don't think we'll ever see Murder in Small Town Y any time soon.)

Looks like I'll be watching when The West Wing goes into repeats.

10. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, that was kind of funny in hindsight of the male models running to get the fast forward. I think in certain places like NYC at rush hour, one could easily run 4 miles faster than taking a cab. However, assuming that they didn't really know where they were going nor the traffic situation, it was a mistake. Fortunately, they would (and did) have time to go back and make the 12 o'clock tourist bus. Actually, don't know why the models thought they HAD to get the fast forward anyway, each bus held 4 teams with three buses to hold all 12 teams. Therefore, the models would of had to just be faster than 2 other teams (since the team that got the FF wasn't going to be on that bus). Surely they would of known the other 2 teams on their bus yet some reason they thought they couldn't outrun the other two teams?

Jay

11. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I'm hoping the twins stick around a while, if only for comic relief. They're just so hilariously inept that I can't imagine them being around more than a couple of weeks, though.

12. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

What I can't understand is, do any of these people watch the previous races? They would realize first of all, get away from the box when you read your clue. Especially with the Pablo guy. Don't give it to the other teams.
    I just loved the Moms saying, I always tell my son you can do anything you want if you just try. No, you just proved yourself wrong. You said you wanted to win a million dollars, instead you are on the Early Show with whatever fill in anchors they can dredge up on the first loser interview. [​IMG]

13. Daniel Kikin

I guess you could say the soccer moms got booted. [​IMG] After seeing the twins, I can't believe I picked these two inept guys to win. I gotta stick to my guns though; Chris & Alex almost got eliminated early on last time so who knows. Definite comic relief though!

14. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Definately the obnoxious testostorone-laced black guy's team is going to come in dead last because he's going to nag her to death.

The Twins may suprise you, I was picking the Boston boys to lose early on

The Odd Siblings seem smart, I think they'll make it 3-4 eps when the physical aspects start to hurt them when they can't/won't do the skydiving type stuff.

The Harvard chicks got a lesson in humility, but I think they've got the all around package to maybe win.

Baptist and Bitch don't stand a chance. At least Cha Cha Cha wasn't as passive as his father seems to be. He needs someoene to beat him into doing stuff

16. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Does anyone think the twins looks like Tom Cruise? And what's with shaving their armpits, I think it looks silly.

17. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Lacking any visible armpit hair, I don't understand why anyone would WANT it

All models shave their body hair

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've made this the official TAR thread for this season. I think it'll work better to keep it all in one thread for this type of show with a following.

19. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Must be some TWOP'ers in here, I see all my favorite nicknames in here...[​IMG]

20. Daniel Kikin

Thanks Patrick. [​IMG] That's what I suggested way up in my first post, but didn't want to get in trouble for starting an official thread. [​IMG]