1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

***Official "The Amazing Race 4" Thread***

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Daniel Kikin, May 5, 2003.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

BOO from me too. Especially since Kelly & Jon would have been kicked off already had they it not been non-elimination. [​IMG]

Not much interesting happened, and was hard to get involved since it was obvious it would be non-elimination. But Chip's crash was pretty funny, and their (it seemed) clumsy attempts to print the picture. [​IMG]

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yes, it got preempted in the NYC area, 24 non-stop blackout coverage [​IMG], in fact we lost Fox 5, and UPN 9 from NYC/NJ and Friday morning it's still out.. So there are a bunch of TAR fans in the NYC area who missed it...

No word yet on rebroadcast but then again, the 24hr coverage hasn't stopped yet either :angry:

Jay

3. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I liked the way Reichen said, "oh, the buggy broke." No, I think Chip broke it by driving over the big tire that is meant to be there so you don;t drive off the edge of the course. [​IMG] It did seem like the design of Chips buggy wade the suspension and steering much more vulnerable to damage from obstacles than the others though.

I was hoping they would let them get a little more spread out like they did in past episodes but I think they are still wary of the first time when the Guidos wre over a day behind the other teams as it is difficult logistically and probably hurts their ratings a bit when a team is way out of it.

4. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Regarding the three remaining teams at the end: in the past races as I recall, they always had three going into the last two hour finale with one team eliminated at the end of the first hour. Seeing that they are only doing a one hour next week, why not have three teams going for the finish especially if one of the teams are the villians? Yes, it would suck if they won but I'm sure it wouldn't be as entertaining if Jon/Kelly weren't there b!tching at each other and chastising the other two teams. I just like rooting against them. Also, as my wife said, "it would be boring if we only saw two teams racing for the finish." I agree.

Chip racing: hilarious. For ECer's, I'm spoilerizing.

He couldn't keep the buggy on the course and eventually ran into the tree. I think all three buggys suspensions were built that way and were not intended to be run into things! Also anyone notice that Jon almost fell off the cliff on that first turn?[​IMG]

Pretty good episode but not as engaging knowing that it was a non-elimination round. Looking forward to next week.

5. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Jon and Kelly were saved again. [​IMG] How can one team screw up so often and still be in the race?

6. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Here is another Boo for non-elimination rounds. Two of the remaining three teams would have gone home had they had their bad luck (or bad judgment) on a segment that had elimination at the end.

And this was yet another one where there were two bunch-ups at the very beginning. Very disappointing as there was no penalty at all for doing poorly at the woolshead.

Oh well, maybe it will pick up next week.

7. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

8. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

For those in the NYC area, TAR will be on late tomorrow night/early Sunday at 1 AM after Big Brother 4. There's a football game at 8 so if that goes long, it may start a little later.

9. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yippee! The VCR is already set...

Funny how Fox 5 NY and UPN 9 is still out as of Friday evening. UPN 9 is in Secaucus, NJ too, I thought they even transmit from there...

Jay

10. Kenneth_C

Kenneth_C Second Unit

From the CBS website:

SPECIAL ENCORE PRESENTATION
    THE AMAZING RACE
    Saturday, August 16, at 9PM ET/PT
    Right after BIG BROTHER 4

11. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Interesting quote from the Amazing Race newsletter I got:

12. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's Jon that does it. Freeze framed the trailer

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Well, it's finally over.

The winners of The Amazing Race 4 are:

Chip and Reichen, although Chip almost drove them into oblivion with his reckless style of driving. The Goats totally screwed up their choice of flight to get to Honolulu, and that costed them the race. Jon and Kelly did admirably to be nipping at C & R's heels. Too bad the Goats weren't at the end of the race celebration/photo ops (no telling where they were when the winners crossed the finish line, perhaps still waiting on their plane to get to Honolulu).

14. Michael St. Clair

Bah, after those guys started threatening to withhold money from cab drivers who don't speak english or get lost, I started rooting against them big time.

Bah.

15. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

Josh
    that ending blew!

16. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Why wouldn't they withhold money? A cabdriver that doesn't take them to the correct place is not fufilling the contract (I've had it happen "...I'm going to need another $10 because I went the wrong way(did I mention he never turned on his meter?)". If a driver says he speaks English, and doesn't, he's misrepresenting no matter what his social station.

And how did that ending blow? It was no TAR2 knuckle biter, but the team that planned the best won.

One thing I really wish they'd do is post the rulebook on the website. If I'd been in their place I would have used the airline phone and called ahead for a cab to be waiting for me. Unless of course, it was against the rules

17. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

Josh
    The winning team just rubbed me wrong, they were so mean and spiteful. I was actually hoping for a minor hospitalization when the nut tried to pass on the highway. What a jerk.

18. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

19. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Funny how the goats were saying that out of the three finalists, they have made the least mistakes. Turns out that they made the costliest mistake out of the 3 finalist teams!!

I believe Jon went in the buff because he mentions that he didn't want to get his underwear wet, at least that's what the editing showed...

Chip and Reichen are lucky their SUV didn't flip over in the soft grass! I was thinking for sure they were going to go over. Fortunately for them, they must have scrubbed enough speed before hitting the grass.

I think the last bike ride was wayyyyy too short and also this year they didn't finish in the same city as the start. I was waiting for another flight back to L.A.

Jay

20. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Have they ever finished in the same city where they started? I know #2 started in Vegas and ended in Frisco, while #3 started in Florida and ended in Seattle.

Good show, though - once the goats eliminated themselves, and it became a two-team race, I was rooting for Reichen & Chip whole-heartedly. Especially once Jon started laughing when Chip skidded off the road.

Now, I just hope the ratings were good enough during this summer run for another Race or two. I'm really warming to the All-Star edition idea, and hope that's why we haven't seen ads for signing up during this race. I say give TAR the Survivor slot from Thanksgiving ("if you think your holiday travel is tough...") to the end of January, then of course find a new place for it during sweeps.