What's new

***Official "The Amazing Race 4" Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm sorry to see the Clowns go. They were a class act. They got screwed by the travel agency, who told them that the Korean Airlines flight was the only way to get to Aus. Even if it wasn't for the fog, they still would've gotten there after the Singapore Airlines flight. I guess it just shows that you need to double-check everything yourself. They had plenty of time at the airport to do that. I'm wondering how long it took the second Clown (don't remember if it was John or Al) to start the face first rappel? Is it possible that he sat there for 30 min?

I'll be rooting for Jeff and Dave now although I'm pretty much just rooting against Kelly and Jon.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, a bummer that the clowns are gone, they were the last team remaining to root for. The Goats will get my support from now on I guess.

I still can not stand Kelly & Jon, and Reichen and Chip are just a little too competitive and serious to be fun to watch.

I wish the penalty had been either disqualification, or 30 mins + they should have had to walk back to the hotel and walk to the finish from there.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I wish the penalty had been either disqualification, or 30 mins + they should have had to walk back to the hotel and walk to the finish from there.

Would you still feel that way if your favorite team had done that?

They got penalized 5 min (estimated time they saved by driving) plus half an hour. That's consistent with a team that was penalized in a previous race; I think they also drove instead of walking, or something similar.

The walk to the pit stop wasn't some big physical challenge they intentionally skipped. It's more like they weren't paying much attention to the words on the page.

If they had followed directions, the teams would've still finished in the same order, so the only real effect of their mistake was that they'll be leaving the pit stop half an hour later than they would have. Plus it gives their detractors something to whine about.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I would. Disqualification would be too harsh though, but I find it perfectly reasonable that if one team does not follow the instructions, they'll have to go back and do over. In fact, it makes more sense to just tell them to go back and do over and not give them a penalty at all.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Kelly and Jon are my pick!

Jeff and what's his name were no shows for the first 10 shows. I guess people would say that they "flew under the radar" I'D say that they are just BORING AS HELL!!

Chip and Reichen are falling apart ..... GOOD!

Brent

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't say David & Geoff are boring, as much as they are harder for the editors to make work as characters with a plot - there's no conflict with each other and they didn't wind up interacting with the other teams that much until later on.

Kelly and Jon... Well, they're really making it difficult to decide which one I like less.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Tonight's episode seems to be only 1 hour, I presume this episode must be another non-elimination round? because next week's episode should be the last? I thought tonight was the final episode but CBS's site seems to indicate otherwise. I know they always seem to go to the final episode with 3 teams and not 2. I have my VCR set to record 2 hours just in case I am wrong...

Jay

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Jay, it seems CBS is changing things a bit. Normally when they got to three, there was a 2-hour finale, with the first hour being non-elimination, to set up the positions for the final sprint to the finish, then the 2 hour would be the conclusion. This year they are taking that 2 hour finale and splitting it over two weeks. Next week is the final show and it is only 1 hour, so tonight should be non-elimination/final sprint position set-up.

Chris

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
TAR is doing well in the ratings at 8 PM and so are CSI reruns at 9 PM , so splitting up the finale prolongs the good ratings for CBS.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually surprised how well TAR is doing right now; it's apparently getting better ratings in the summer than it did during the regular season (and may actually be winning its time slot in the second half hour).

TV Guide had a rumor that the producers are planning an "all-star" edition; what would that be, getting the final three of the first four races together? I sort of doubt they'd get Wil & Tara back as a team. :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually surprised how well TAR is doing right now; it's apparently getting better ratings in the summer than it did during the regular season
I haven't watched the previous seasons, because there have been more competition from other shows. This summer, TAR has been the only network show I've followed, mostly due to it being in a good timeslot with little competition. Maybe others are watching it now for the same reasons.

/Mike

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad it's doing well, I hope we'll see a race every summer at least

So who do we want for the all-star edition? I've only seen 2,3,4 so I can't comment on 1

Ken/Gerard
Chris/Alex
ChaChaCha
Clowns
Terri/Ian (why not, this race has lacked villains!)
Gutsy Grammas (OK, they won't win, but they rocked!)
Gary/Dave (I liked them)
Doublemints

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Nah, I think the Guidos are still trying to get out of Alaska. ;)

I love TAR, I was really afraid this would be the last race. Now I have a little hope.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I find it perfectly reasonable that if one team does not follow the instructions, they'll have to go back and do over. In fact, it makes more sense to just tell them to go back and do over and not give them a penalty at all.

That would have meant a shorter penalty than the 35 min they got, because they only saved 5 min by driving. Ten min roundtrip walk instead of penalty = 25 min less delay. I think a lesser slap like that might encourage more shortcuts/cheating.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It's 7:30EST and CBS is still blabbering on about the power outage... Anybody NOT in the NE or mid-atlantic not affected by this power outage could possibly record TAR4 tonight... I'm sure there may be a bunch of us up here who may miss the show either because their power is out or that CBS is not going to broadcast it due to the power....

Sooo, just in case CBS doesn't rebroadcast it or somehow delay it or perhaps even cut out and go to normal scheduling, could somebody record it for me/us?

Perhaps we can setup a daisychain mailing list of people who missed it!

Jay

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
BOO on non-elimination
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but the previews do make it look like they get bunched up at the airport fairly quickly. Kind of gives the lie to "this leg is all about positioning for the final segment".

But, man, they're really raising the bar on how nuts the show will be, aren't they? Sharks last week, crocs this week, and what looks like a naked roadblock in the finale. If they do make an AR5 (whether regular, tournament of champions, or whatever), it's going to be hard to top this one for some of the things the contestants have to do.

EDIT: I've still got it on my Replay, if it got pre-empted for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks