*** Official TAKING LIVES Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I caught this on the sneak peak this evening.

I found Angelina Jolie pretty appealing (one of the few times where she gets to play a determined, but normal female character that isn't too cocky or extremely assertive) in this film. But...

I also pegged the bad guy in the 1st act, and then the middle act was okay (classic cat-n-mouse structure on display with enough red herrings to yank the audience's chain quite a bit, plus provide quite a few spook-out moments to get the audience to jump and gasp and scream), but the 3rd act and epilogue was so over-written and just so predictable that I sat there waiting for the damn movie to end because the story was already over in my mind. I'll share my alternate ending in the discussion thread later.

I give is 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

2. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Caught a peak as well. Didn't really care for it too much. Tried to hard to be SE7ENish in my opinion. And the killer was too easy to guess. I give it a C-

Oh well, Dawn comes next weekend [​IMG]

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Taking Lives". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy