What's new

*** Official TAKEN Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Taken" pretty much delivers what its trailer promises: it was fun to watch Liam Neeson play a father with a CIA/Black-Ops-ish background hunt down the folks who kidnap his only daughter who is visiting Paris. Let's just say he is one persistent father on the most personal mission of his life.

I hope I never have to watch Maggie Grace try to run like an excited 17 year old ever again. Heh.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Taken". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Diallo B

Screenwriter

cosign. her running was awful and i don't know any older teenager that is halfway coordianted that would run like that. completely took me out of the movie.

with that said it was a fun time. i will watch it again and have told others to go see it.

i don't understand why this movie was marketed so poorly. it should have been released last fall along with the french version. there have been high quality hd bootlegs all over the net for months. that could not have helped ticket sales.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Taken is a standard kidnapping / revenge flick. Brian Mills's (Liam Neeson's) daughter Kim is kidnapped. Brian puts his super-secret spy training to use and kills everyone in his way until he rescues her. Because there's no time to involve the proper authorities, he must go it alone and nasty treatment of baddies is acceptable as -- again -- time is running out. Many people die. Brian lives. Kim loves him for it.

It's completely implausible, perhaps moreso that other movies of this ilk. But it's exciting and thrilling and Neeson brings his weary, wary, throaty-voiced charisma to it. It is just what you expect and if you're in the mood for this sort of thing, you'll have a good time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks