*** Official "SWEET HOME ALABAMA" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Sweet Home Alabama". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Sweet Home Alabama" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim
    Did anyone have a chance to catch this movie yet? I must admit that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It was fairly predictable, and most of the amusing parts were shown in the previews, but I still liked it. This is a great date movie. I have never been a huge Reese Witherspoon fan, but I think that changed today.

This certainly isn't a waste of money, but it may be a better rental for others. Think Runaway Bride and The Wedding Planner. If you enjoyed those movies, you'll like this one as well.

3. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

I liked this film as well; it's one of the better films out of the genre, but I really must not agree with:

4. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I usually love Reese in almost anything, but I really disliked this film.
    Her charms were not enough to save this dull, humorless, charmless film.
    When the supporting characters are more interesting than he leads, you know there is something wrong.
    Calling this film predictable is one of the biggest understatements of the year, Was there one original idea in the whole film or one development that was at all a surprise. IMO, No.
    And considering how listless the packed audience was during todays afternoon performance, After a big opening, I predict a pretty quick death for this one once word of mouth gets out.
    I really wanted to like this film. Oh well....[​IMG]

5. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

One interesting detail: A lot of people, including professional reviewers, seem to have missed various plot points presented at the end while the credits roll. On his TV program, Roger Ebert complained that

7. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Michael

That entire post in the review thread is full of spoilers! It probably should have been posted in this thread instead. I think a lot of people are going to be pissed when they read it, no?

8. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

I loved the movie and I got to see it free the Thursday before it come out!

I saw it on Fandango and purchased the ticket on-line then ran to the theater only to find out that it was a special screening for a radio show promotion! They refunded my tickets and let my wife and I go see it fro free. I purchased a combo meal and that was $12.00 a $1.50 short of the original price to make sure the management knew I appreciated the gift!

My wife and I loved it! Especially if you have ever come from a small southern town! That town was perfect and reminded me so much of home that I actually missed home. Except my state is Texas the greatest country in the world, heh.

Go and enjoy a great romantic comedy!

9. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Tino --