What's new

***Official Survivor: Thailand Discussion Thread *** (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
What a great final!
Brian really deserved to win, he played the best and he won the immunity challenges to bring himself to the final 2 without having to be carried there. No matter what would have happened in the last 3 tribal councils, he would have been there. I can't believe he didn't point that out to the jury, and that they didn't recognize that.
The jury was as usual very hypocritical. They can talk all they want about dignity and holding their heads high, but when it comes down to it, they lied and cheated just as much as anyone else. They just happened to be outlied and outcheated.
Penny looked great, she's much hotter than that weird-looking Erin. I didn't even recognize Stefanie in the studio OR the video. Jeff was right: "Where was THAT girl?".
I didn't like Penny's question. Listen, it's NOT about you, it's about the contestants. What does it matter how much they know about YOU? You already knew who knew you better, you just asked to get some attention.
Jeff was a great host for the reunion show, he had a lot of interesting comments and questions. This was the best reunion show of them all (I didn't watch last year's, it seemed pretty bad).
The only fault with this season was that the cast was a little too mellow and easy-going. Except for the Ted-Ghandia debacle and Helen's bitchiness, not much of interest as far as interpersonal relationships went. The challenges and the environment was top notch though. I hope they get a better cast next time.
Well, seeya in the "Survivor: Amazon" thread in february! :)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for a survivor the artic, or a survivor desert (plop them in an oasis in the middle of some desert somewhere).

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
A great finale to a very interesting season. Brian played the game brilliantly and deserved to win. It's really amazing to me that everyone just did what he said and never once thought about getting rid of him. Helen has no one but herself to be angry with. When they were down to 4, she should have gotten together with Jan to get rid of Clay. Instead she blindly followed Brian and was ousted.
It's hard for me to believe that 3 people actually voted for Clay. That guy is so annoying and did very little work. He rode Brian's coattails the whole way. Penny's question was just absurd. Of course Clay paid attention to her, she's a cute female. :)
IMO Penny and Shi Ann are both more attractive than Erin. The big fake boobs just don't do anything for me. She did have a nice butt though (so did Shi Ann). :D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
BTW, The Amazon Survivor has already finished shooting, they are casting for the next one as we speak (why not do one in death Valley?)

For what I thought was the worst Survivor series, it had a great ending, and as slimy as Brian was, he stayed true to his slimy roots to the end. Jeff did a great job and I hope this means we will never see Rosie or her like again do the post game wrap. I was surprised to see Brian's future ex-there as well (go to Smokinggun.com if you want to read why).

I thought Jan had a shot at the final immunity, but oh well.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Never been there, but I think they should stay away from any desert setting. The environment in "Survivor: Africa" was already way too brown, dusty and colorless. They need interesting and exotic places with lots of colors and vegetation to make it look visually appealing on screen, IMO.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I know, what I was trying to say was that before they announced the place, my prediction was that it would be Bahamas or somewhere in South America. I misspoke, my fault.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Damn Tivo season pass bulls--t!

Not only did it cut off the end of the show, but totally didn't record the reunion show.

Is there really anything worth watching the reunion show for? Did they announce the winner on the island or did they do it live?

Mike

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Uugh! What an uncomfortable wrap up! And I thought the voting rants were harsh! :)
Jeff really sticks it to 'em! I was so embarresed for them, I had to mute it a few times..

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I'm still waiting for Survivor: Downtown Detroit!
...said the guy from Philly? Ahh...irony.
..anyway, I thought Helen's badgering of Brian was absolutely hilarious. She seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she was upset about Brian doing to her exactly what she had done to Ted at the previous tribal council. The fact that she was feeling the bitter taste of her own medicine was lost on her. :)
Regards,

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Did they announce the winner on the island or did they do it live?
Live. When Jeff left to "tally the votes" they were on the island, and when he came back to "read the votes" they were in the CBS studio.
So, how long before we get the much-anticipated announcements regarding Erin & Penny's Playboy shoots? ;)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Would anyone be so kind as to send me a VHS of the reunion show? It would be much appreciated, and I'll pay for postage and the tape. Thanks.

Mike

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
I suppose that's a possibility, but I think that would make the show play like Big Brother: Amazon. :)
The "two tribes" concept seems integral to Survivor.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me how many millios of viewers tuned in to watch the finale? I forgot to find out. Thanks!

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
According to Nielsen, the finale had an audience of 24.8 million. That amounted to a 26 share. The reunion show had an audience of 20.43 and a 24 share.

-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks