What's new

***Official Survivor: Thailand Discussion Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
My theory:

they pit the boys vs. the boys and girls vs. girls in separate challenges, right off the bat. It's really the only way they could do it if they indeed split them into tribes along gender lines. Once they get down to 5 of each, then they merge.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
A thread that mentions Thailand, and I haven't chimed in yet? Preposterous. :) I'm wondering where they did the contest, Koh Samui?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Anyone see the Survivor commercials tonight during Big Brother? From what they showed, it looks like the first tribal split will be guys vs. girls. Only four weeks to go...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
This week's Entertainment Weekly had a little blurb on Survivor. It sounds like they are going to try to throw a lot of twists in to keep everyone off-balance and out of the comfort zones that always seem to develop with alliances. I guess we'll see if it works in 16 days.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
More Survivor:Thailand teases from Mark Burnett at Link Removed.
From what he said,
Looks the tribes will not be split by gender, and episode 3 is going to be great!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Ok, already some of these cast members are already annoying me. Some of them come off as all tough and strong in the personal segments with just them talking but when there is confrontation they break down. They need to quickly vote off all the phonies.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
God...how many seasons of this show have to pass before the people understand how to handle the votes this early in the game? You don't vote strong people off this early in the game.

Ghandia should have gone. She choked and lost the event. Looks like the people that voted John did so because they can't stand someone taking charge. Thats just too bad. Its only 1 episode down and I'm already convinced that tribe is screwed.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Well, the axe has fallen:
The 1st person voted off is :
John the Pastor

And you know what?
After his remarks about Ghandia after they lost the Immunity Challenge..well he deserved to get kicked.

Good Riddance!!!!!

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Mike,
I don't agree with you.
I DO agree that they need leadership, and strong at that.
What they don't need is a jerk trying to do it.
It's all about teamwork...
(at least at this point in the game)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Jerk or not, he was a strong teammate...ghandia showed she was the weakest at least this episode...the weakest should always go this early in the episodes.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
It's never ALL about teamwork. But, even if it was, how is Ghandia
a better team member than John
? I also am very worried about their tribe.

paul watkins

Stunt Coordinator
this is gonna be interesting.it seems to me they chopped a leg of right away by voting off john.i don't understand their thinking there!they already had the weakest tribe,ghandia would have been gone!

the team choices were terrible!that lady never played dodge ball!

the only person on the other tribe that annoys me is the skateboard guy.many egos on this team!will be interesting to see if they can gel.

hope they can build shelter before the next show ends or there will be more trouble.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Great first episode, I thought.

I really thought Ghandia would be voted off given her big flub. I was a bit surprised to see John get the boot. Since it's only the first episode, we really haven't had a good look at everyone to see the dynamics of each tribe.

I thought Robb was the standout member of the one tribe with his rather particular views on the 'shelter before food' issue. If they had lost immunity, I have no doubts he'd be gone.

Ghandia was really one of the only tribe members on her team that we really got to spend any significant time with.

The next episode should be great as things really start to take shape.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Calvin. The younger tribe looks to be a time bomb. If the bartender keeps up the attitude then he HAS to go.

If you ask me, the little 'joke' about the water is what did John in. It most likely annoyed a number of the tribe. It certainly didn't help that the joke occurred right after John and company didn't row the canoe out to get the swimmers.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Joseph, that's what I'm talkin 'bout!
Maybe Robb will try to play with a King cobra. THAT would be fun to watch :)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Since when did this become celebrity edition? I mean, why let Tommy Lee on the show? ;)
It has been reported in week 3 that there's a fight. Who wants to bet that it's one the team with all the young guys with different personality types? Tommy Lee, err, Robb, is at the top of my list for getting in/starting a scuffle.

I liked the way they split the teams as it adds a whole other element (and would seem to give the two selectors a pass for a couple tribal councils). Isn't it interesting, though, that the "old" team was beating the "young" team in the physical portion of the challenge?

Alex S

Second Unit
Jan's team made a big mistake voting off John.
They already are at a big disadvantage physically so what do they do ?

They vote off a man and keep a woman who isn't good at physical and mental challenges.

Didn't any of them watch previous Survivor shows ?

You need strong young people for the challenges.
You can get rid of them toward the end if you want but you're not going to make it very far by being one happy family that gets their butt kicked in the challenges.

I felt sorry for the Tanya & Brian, they didn't want to get picked on Jan's team.

I hope they don't swap team members this time, I think it's unfair to the team that is working well together.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Isn't it interesting, though, that the "old" team was beating the "young" team in the physical portion of the challenge?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks