*** Official SURVIVING CHRISTMAS Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Steve...O, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    One would think a movie filled with of TV's most talented actors (James "Tony Soprano" Gandolfini, Catherine "SCTV" O'Hara, Christinia "Kelly Bundy" Applegate, and Bill "God'll Get You for that Walter" Macy) plus the presence of Ben Affleck would have SOMETHING going for it.

If anybody finds that something please let me know.

The only humor I got out of this was seeing Gandolfini stetching his acting skills from playing a wealthy guy with a troubled marriage, a snobby daughter and a moody son to playing a middle class guy with a troubled marriage, a snobby daughter, and a moody son.

Any other suckers taken in by this movie?

Steve

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Sweet jeebus on a popsicle stick, is this a wretched movie. It looks like something that would premiere on Showtime with the words "National Lampoon Presents" preceding the title.

Halfway through this mirthless wasteland I found myself thinking "this movie feels like they made it up as they went along!" Then I read a quote by J. Gandolfini which basically said that the script was never finished and they were making most of it up as they went along!

I've seen DTV flotsam that's infinitely more entertaining than this awful, awful "comedy".

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Surviving Christmas". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy