What's new

*** Official STUCK ON YOU Review Thread (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I read Ebert's review this morning, and noticed three strange things when I went to see the movie:

1. Matt Damon's character is called "Bob" but Ebert keeps referring to him as "Bo." I know that he addressed a similar issue with Panic Room (the girl's character's name was listed incorrectly in the press packet), but still...

2. Ebert lists Jack Nicholson as appearing in the film. He is listed in the 'cast' at the top of the review page online, and Ebert also mentions it in his review. I watched the film, and didn't see Jack anywhere. I then visited imdb.com and they had the entire cast listed, down to many of the extras who normally aren't listed. No Jack.

3. Very mild spoiler (Ebert mentions it in his review): Roger Ebert mentions Meryl Streep's 'surprise' appearance at the end of the movie... Why would he say that when she makes a longer appearance at the beginning of the movie as well? I suppose he means to say that that final appearance is 'brave', but I still find it odd that he calls it a surprise.

Weird...

So, if anyone read the review and was looking forward to a Jack cameo... sorry! I remember reading that Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino were supposedly added to the cast of this film several months ago on cinema confidential, but it looks like it didn't happen. Did anyone else notice Nicholson in the movie?

Ebert does make a good point that there are a lot of handicapped people in the film. You see them throughout the film. Sometimes they're extras, sometimes they have a bit part, like a stage hand at Cher's TV show, for example. Or a much bigger part, in the case of the 'Rocket' character. A nice gesture.

Overall, I thought the movie was so-so. It's not nearly as good as Dumb & Dumber and Mary, but I liked it better than Shallow Hall and Me, Myself & Irene. 2.5/5

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Only casually funny. Oddly enough, the trailer featured better delivery of many of the better lines.

More in line with Shallow Hal, this one is more message than outright comedies like Mary and Dumb and Dumber. As with Hal, the film focuses on dealing with people who are different and also populates the film with the handicapped.

Some good parts of this film come from some of the miling of the conjoined twin concepts, but the best is from the scenes with Seymour Cassel. He is easily the best part of the movie.

In all, nowhere near the best of their comedies, not as effective in message as Hal, but not as bad as Say It Isn't So. Overall, not too bad.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was pretty funny in spots, but all the while very human as its baseline that made it appealing to watch. Most of the laughs are of the light-hearted variety, but there are some that touch on other bodily functions/sexual activities of such a predicament.

There were some clever bits of showing the conjoined twins in action, where they are a formidable team and totally in sync with each other in physical activities.

I'd give it 2.75 stars or a grade of B-.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Stuck on You". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

chris winters

Second Unit
I really enjoyed this movie for how touching it was. I thought it was one of their smoothest, most confidently made pictures, and much better the shallow hal which seemed forced for most of it, and somehow rendered Jack Black unfunny. Both Matt Damon and Greg Kinear give very touching, solid performances, and the movie takes the time to tell a nice little story, not just setup and then gag, setup and then gag. (pun intended) Is it as laugh out loud funny as kingpin and somthing about mary? no, but it is definately worth checking out. I found it a really hard movie not to like, surprisingly sweet.

chris

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I saw this last weekend. I enjoyed it, but it came off to me as Farrely brothers lite. You can check out my review here. This also includes 'Bad Santa' as well. Just scroll down for 'Stuck on You'.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta say I loved this one. I was laughing or chuckling thru the whole movie. :star: :star: :star: :star: out of five.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks