*** Official "STUART LITTLE 2" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Stuart Little 2". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Stuart Little 2" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i am attending siggraph at san antonio. they are doing a presentation about the making of CG for stuart little. there was a comparison between first and second movie. looks good!!! cant wait to see the movie, even though i felt like i just watch the movie. lots of spoilers here. and i already know the ending...

if the whole presentation is packed as extras for the dvd you guys would be really happy...

gotta get back to that room now, ciao

3. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

I'm concerned this will be released in Pan and Scan. Just hope they release it in OAR.

4. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Reason I'm concerned because the damn previews are Pan and Scan. Same thing with Like Mike.

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I'm fairly confident the DVD will be offered in both full screen and widescreen forms. I am looking forward to the movie, opened here last week too so I need to try and catch a kid-lite viewing. Loved the first film...

Dan

6. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

well, after watching the movie, i felt like something was missing. it lacked "oomph". the movie was too short, if i am not mistaken it was only 75 minutes long.

a mouse dating a bird doesnt seem right to me, and at times their friendship looked more like boyfriend - girlfriend relationship. the jokes came from the cat, the only cool character in the movie. voiced by nathan lane, i have always liked his performance. lion king, the birdcage...and now stuart little 2.

if the movie was 20 minutes longer with more twist in the plot i would have liked it more.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, it's a "little" film, but I think it's entertaining enough for kids, and James Woods' falcon is very intimidating. I found the visual effects to be very well done (I was more impressed with them in this film, then in something like AOTC) because they blended very with with the rest of the live action footage.

It's probaby worth a matinee for you and your child(ren).