Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VII) Discussion Thread: Part 5

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Huge SW fan since I was a 6 year old & first saw ANH in '77. I never got the Jar Jar hate in Episode 1. I actually felt the character's comedic nature was a good counter-point to the darkness of the story.

I disliked the Ewoks a lot more than Jar Jar. Cute little teddy bears didn't really have a place in the SW universe, and I felt that ROTJ was seriously marred by their inclusion. IIRC, the initial idea was to have Wookies be the ones that helped defeat the Empire in ROTJ (not Ewoks) I definitely feel that would have worked better for the film.
The older I've gotten, the more I've warmed to the Ewoks. I still find it funny that they planned to cook and eat Han Solo and I don't think it ended too well for the guys wearing all those Imperial helmets that were drums at the end of the movie.

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
I’ve always loved the Ewoks. Though I wasn’t quite born yet when the movie came out, so being a small child from my first viewing on may have had something to do with that.

Reactions: TravisR

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The older I've gotten, the more I've warmed to the Ewoks. I still find it funny that they planned to cook and eat Han Solo and I don't think it ended too well for the guys wearing all those Imperial helmets that were drums at the end of the movie.
The Ewoks are cute, sure, but I never really liked them. The suits were perhaps the worst effect in all of SW. They got away with the kinda cannibalism because the image of carrying the prey in on poles had become something of a cartoon image. I said kinda because they were going to eat a different species. Still if you look hard at what they were going to do, they aren’t very nice and they have zippers in their backs.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The Ewocks ARE killers!
let’s not forget that they wanted our heroes for a fine BBQ. ;)
And as I just read in Ken Nepzok’s book “Why We Love Star Wars” they’re portrayed as savage killers that sneak at you (if you’re playing a trooper) at night in the video game Battlefront II.

Reactions: Bryan^H and TravisR

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The Ewocks ARE killers!
let’s not forget that they wanted our heroes for a fine BBQ. ;)
And as I just read in Ken Nepzok’s book “Why We Love Star Wars” they’re portrayed as savage killers that sneak at you (if you’re playing a trooper) at night in the video game Battlefront II.
My nephew showed me that in Battlefront II. It was hilarious, and I will never look at Ewoks the same way again!

Reactions: AshJW

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josephswank