*** Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VII) Discussion Thread: Part 5

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    While it is the 40th Anniversary and it would have been nice I did not expect it. Like Josh was saying Fox owns the original six but to my knowledge the first movie they will own forever unless they chose to sell it off. Not sure why Fox would loose the original second and third movie because in my opinion they should retain the original trilogy forever. But why would Fox want to give up there only slice of Star Wars? It is also my opinion that Lucas did this to make sure there would be little chance of the original 77 theatrical being included with a set after Disney got the rights to Episodes 1-3 and 5-6. I am sure Fox will not sell off the original unless it is an insane amount of money. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox holds onto the original and refuses to sell. I wonder if there is some way Fox can keep the rights to episode 5 & 6.

I would love to hear from Fox about what happens to the rights and if they would be open to going in with Disney for a complete Star Wars set in the future. The original Star Wars is the one movie I want above everything else on 4K UHD! Since it is not going to happen during the 40th Anniversary I have to wonder if we will have to wait till the 50th Anniversary?

I saw something on facebook with Harrison Ford and there being a contest where I think you have to make a donation to be entered into a chance to win a roll on the Han Solo movie and then getting a tour of Skywalker ranch and maybe a opening night viewing of Han Solo's movie.

Osato likes this.
  2. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Screenwriter

Wayne
    FOX would loose 5 & 6 because Lucas got sequel rights in his Star Wars contract and financed those two movies himself.

Osato likes this.
  3. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
  4. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
    How bad it would look if they announce it's a Boba Fett movie! :D

Osato likes this.
  5. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Lead Actor
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I fully expect that's what it'll be. Didn't they already announce that years ago when they announced the Rogue One and Han Solo movies? It's entirely redundant because Boba Fett's story is told in Episode II, but for some reason, people really seem to like the character.

6. TravisR

TravisR Lead Actor

What was the movie that Josh Trank (or whatever the name of the Fantastic Four guy is) was working on before he got canned?

7. Josh Steinberg

Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    They never said, but I assumed it was either the Boba Fett or Han Solo one - he was canned before they announced Lord and Miller for Solo. But I suspect Boba Fett was probably the one they were courting him for.

TravisR likes this.
  8. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
    Yes he was working on a Boba Fett movie. Ewan McGregor is not getting younger and he is willing to do it. I think it's a no-brainer to do an Obi-Wan movie.

But recently they said that for the Stand-Alone movies they want to have new characters and not to use the classic characters. So I don't know when that will happen.

Osato likes this.
  9. Josh Steinberg

Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Their first stand-alone was a Darth Vader/Death Star movie where they were so invested in the idea of giving us something we had seen before that they did a digital performance for one of the deceased leads.

The next spinoff is a Han Solo origin story.

Whatever they're saying about new characters, the results don't match the rhetoric.

10. TravisR

TravisR Lead Actor

I can understand Disney and thus LFL initially wanting to go for some safe bets when dealing with something that they paid $4 billion for. Now that they're on more solid ground and have seen that people want more Star Wars, I hope they take some 'chances' on movies with new characters. While I'm sure they hope to sequelize young Han Solo, how many more movies can they do with existing characters? From the prequels, almost everyone is dead so they've got Obi-Wan and while I hope it doesn't happen, maybe Yoda (let the mystery be, Disney). From the original trilogy, they've got Han Solo, Lando and apparently Boba Fett. I don't see Darth Vader sustaining a movie by himself. I'd love to see them go crazy and do a movie on obscure characters like Figrin D'an and The Modal Nodes (look it up) but I'm probably in a small minority there. :laugh:

11. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    You're not alone. My son (he's 8) has been clamoring for a Max Rebo movie for a couple of years now. He has this whole story planned where Jar Jar wants to join the band as a singer. He says that events have Max Rebo and his band on the run from the Hutt gangsters and bounty hunters.

Osato, SamT and TravisR like this.
  12. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam