What's new

Official STAR WARS Saga Discussion Thread: Part 5 (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Okay, Disney. It's time to trash Episodes 1-3 and rename 'Rogue One' to 'Star Wars Episode III: Rogue One'. Then go back and make new Episodes 1 & 2.

Mark

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Okay, Disney. It's time to trash Episodes 1-3 and rename 'Rogue One' to 'Star Wars Episode III: Rogue One'. Then go back and make new Episodes 1 & 2.

In that case, while they're at it, can they please remake Return of the Jedi? Without all the winks at the audience, scenes played for laughs and the Ewoks?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The big question: is the 4K restoration the theatrical version or one of the special editions?

No &%$#@*&! pink lightsabers!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
For anyone interested, the entire 6 film HDX digital collection is on sale for $64.99 on vudu. I bit.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Definitely going to happen and Episode IX will move to December 2019. After the success of The Force Awakens, they probably planned on doing it but now with Rogue One, it set December in stone as the time to release Star Wars movies.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely going to happen and Episode IX will move to December 2019. After the success of The Force Awakens, they probably planned on doing it but now with Rogue One, it set December in stone as the time to release Star Wars movies.
Not to mention that the death of Carrie Fisher must have Lucasfilm scrambling to rethink their plans for Episode IX, which (if you believe the rumors at least) was going to be the movie with Leia's most significant presence in the sequel trilogy. Even if they go the Peter Cushing in Rogue One route, they're still probably going to want to scale back Leia's role in the film significantly.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Carrie Fisher's Dec. 27 death has left a disturbance in the Force. Her iconic Princess Leia is set to appear in the next two Star Wars films, and insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that at least two key scenes are planned for Episode VIII (Dec. 15) and Episode IX (2019): a Leia reunion with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and a confrontation with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), her son who killed Harrison Ford's Han Solo in 2015's The Force Awakens.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...how-star-wars-will-handle-leias-future-960849

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Woody Harrelson is in the Han Solo movie. http://www.starwars.com/news/woody-harrelson-signs-on-for-young-han-solo-film

I love that dude so I'm glad to see him get a role in this movie.

Maybe it doesn't mean anything but that link also says that the movie is coming "in 2018" (rather than the previously announced May 2018) so I think that could be an indicator that the release date will move to December.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Interesting Travis. I like Woody Harrelson as well.

Anyone here have the high resolution soundtrack audio versions of these films? I just downloaded them today. Eps 1-3 are just a tad over CD quality at 44/24 bit- but the original trilogy is true high rez with 192/24. Those regular CDs sound pretty terrific to me so I'm excited to hear a bit more detail and dynamic range with these downloads. I also purchased the big Vinyl set as well. All 180 gram vinyl. :)

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/joh...imate-collection-180-gram-vinyl-box-set.shtml

See what happens when the Force comes back to theaters?! Timobi goes nuts. ;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Travis, was it you who used the phrase "release date voodoo" in one of these threads? I think they're all gonna come out in December. If anything, James Cameron has taken so long with his Avatar sequels that at this point, they're gonna be the thing that has to move.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Travis, was it you who used the phrase "release date voodoo" in one of these threads? I think they're all gonna come out in December. If anything, James Cameron has taken so long with his Avatar sequels that at this point, they're gonna be the thing that has to move.
Yeah, 'release date voodoo' is mine. I definitely agree that Avatar will be the one to move its release date especially considering the amount of money that Fox has riding on it. Of course, they have to actually make that movie before they have to worry about a release date. :)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
16649520_1192755777505550_5459659943423082198_n.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer will write and direct 'Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Who Went Rogue

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm really sad that the Prequels in 3D never saw a theater release(except for 1). Episodes 2, and 3 were screened at one of the Celebration events. The response to the 3D was mostly mind blowing from what I have read.

And my biggest dream to see the OT in 3D is now crushed.:(.

George, why didn't you finish the 3D project, and then sell SW to Disney:lol:.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks