What's new

*** Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VI) Discussion Thread: Part 4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Yep, we watched it last night (as planned). Great time, mom and I reminisced quite a bit while we were watching it.
Thanks again, George, for putting so many smiles on my face. :)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
www.starwars.com
From Lucasfilm Ltd.:
Relaunch of StarWars.com Helps Usher in the Next 30 Years of Star Wars Entertainment
Site to Debut User-Generated Star Wars ‘Mash-Ups and Provide Hundreds of Videos and New Features, Including Eyespot Video-Editing Tool
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (May 24, 2007) – Star Wars fans can connect with the Force in ways they’ve only imagined beginning Friday, May 25, when StarWars.com launches a completely redesigned website that empowers fans to “mash-up” their homemade videos with hundreds of scenes from Star Wars movies; watch hundreds of fan-made Star Wars videos; and interact with Star Wars enthusiasts from around the world like never before.
With an innovative, interactive home-page design that allows users to navigate to multiple Star Wars worlds, a new video focus, and groundbreaking “Web 2.0” features – including a unique online multi-media mixing platform from Eyespot – the new StarWars.com will unveil its redesigned website on May 25 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars Saga.
Among the most compelling features of the newly redesigned StarWars.com is the incorporation of an online video-editing tool provided by Eyespot. It allows users to add their own video shots to more than 250 scenes and music taken from all six Star Wars films and create their own Star Wars movies to share with others.
StarWars.com is also unveiling a new collection of hundreds of videos – many never before seen on the Internet – that will let fans enjoy some of the best user-generated Star Wars videos from across the web, including such cult favorites as “Chad Vader,” and five years worth of Star Wars Fan Movie Festival shorts, co-presented by AtomFilms.com. StarWars.com will also showcase extensive mini-documentaries that explore the making of the Star Wars Saga.
“Since 1977, Star Wars has been built on the idea that our fans are the reason we have been successful, and they have long shown their enormous creativity and desire to have fun and express themselves through Star Wars. Our new site brings our fans innovative tools like the Eyespot editor that let them do that in exciting new ways,” said Jeff Ulin, Senior Director of Distribution and Online for Lucasfilm Ltd.
“Eyespot’s creative technology allows Lucasfilm to protect its intellectual property while offering a media playground for fans to have a fun and accessible experience due to our product’s extreme ease of use,” said Jim Kaskade, co-founder and CEO of Eyespot. “We couldn’t be more honored to help celebrate the 30th anniversary of this monumental movie series.”
The May 25 relaunch is just the start of a series of exciting new additions to StarWars.com. In the coming months, continually added features will give the global Star Wars fan community unprecedented new content, new games, and new ways to share the 10,000-page site, which is visited by millions of users every month.
“We want the new StarWars.com to empower fans to make and watch Star Wars videos, play games, and share their love of Star Wars like no other site on the Internet,” said Bill Gannon, Director of Online Operations for Lucasfilm Ltd.. “StarWars.com already features blogs, special in-depth sections for kids and video gaming, the Hyperspace fan site, and the comprehensive StarWarsShop.com making it unlike any entertainment themed website.”
Innovation is nothing new to StarWars.com – the website has always been a leader in utilizing the newest Internet technologies. “In 1999, we were the first to host the online premiere of a trailer, which was the biggest online event the Internet had seen to that point, and nearly a decade later we are ensuring that StarWars.com will remain one of the most innovative and fun entertainment sites anywhere on the web,” Ulin said.
StarWars.com is the Internet’s only official 365-day-a-year entertainment destination for Star Wars fans and is produced by Lucas Online, a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., as a digital destination for entertainment, education, reference and e-commerce for Lucasfilm’s intellectual properties and businesses. To learn more about the entire StarWars.com experience, visit the website at http://www.starwars.com.
About Eyespot
Eyespot’s browser based solution fosters creativity and discovery while empowering consumers to play with copyrighted media without having to download clunky software or learn new skills. The drag and drop editing application allows anyone to upload, remix, and create new video from the community’s vast pool of popular and legally-accessible content ranging from movie, television, and music clips or from user generated content. The company has been selected as a trusted partner by many of today’s most compelling brands and media entities, including Paramount Pictures, NBA, Jive Records, among others. Eyespot can be found on the web at http://www.eyespot.com.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Chris Atkins said:
Yep, we watched it last night (as planned). Great time, mom and I reminisced quite a bit while we were watching it.
Thanks again, George, for putting so many smiles on my face. :)
Very cool Chris! :)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Spun the original version of Star Wars last night also. I've seen it so many times, and yet I still picked up bits and pieces that I'd never noticed before.
The sound design really stood out too, as it's such a beautifully layered track. The SE/DVD remixes are very aggressive, but the 2.0 track (listened thru Neo:6) has some subtle moments that are lost on the later 5.1 mixes. Music is still too low, but Ben Burtt did the mix so that's no surprise. :D
Here's to another 30 years.

Joe_G

Second Unit
Geoff_D said:
The sound design really stood out too, as it's such a beautifully layered track. The SE/DVD remixes are very aggressive, but the 2.0 track (listened thru Neo:6) has some subtle moments that are lost on the later 5.1 mixes. Music is still too low, but Ben Burtt did the mix so that's no surprise. :D
Ben Burtt didn't do the mix. He was a sound designer and sound editor and that's all. The only SW he ever worked on as a re-recording mixer as well as sound designer and sound editor was on ROTJ. The other five films he only served as the designer and editor. The final mix is where the music get lost and Burtt doesn't work on the final mix.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Joe_G said:
Ben Burtt didn't do the mix. He was a sound designer and sound editor and that's all. The only SW he ever worked on as a re-recording mixer as well as sound designer and sound editor was on ROTJ. The other five films he only served as the designer and editor. The final mix is where the music get lost and Burtt doesn't work on the final mix.
Quite right. He didn't mix any of the various theatrical tracks for Star Wars, but he did do the mix for the Definitive Collection laserdisc set, which I'm assuming is what was used on the 'original' DVDs. ;)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Well, just to check in about my "STAR WARS adventure" with my mother-in-law...
We finished Episode III yesterday, she was FLOORED at Anakin's turn and at the Darth Sidious reveal. She had no IDEA that Anakin was Darth Vader. After all, what would she base on this?
I am going to watch Episode IV with her today, so I am curious to see how the shift in special effects is for her.
The only real problem she had so far was that Episode I's introduction to the STAR WARS universe is not really a good one. What I mean by that is that Obi-wan's explanations to Luke in ANH are REALLY GOOD, but there are no comparable explanations in TPM. She was wondering why the Jedi had "lazer swords" and no one else did and why they could jump so much (no good explanation of the Force). Other than that, she has really enjoyed them.
Tbe plot twists will still exist in the OT, they just exist for a different purpose now. How these movies should be viewed will be debated forever (much like CS Lewis' CHRONICLES OF NARNIA).

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
FYI, I picked up Dressing a Galaxy last night. This is the book that details all the costume work that Trisha Biggar did for the PT.
http://www.amazon.com/Dressing-Galax.../dp/0810965674
It is FANTASTIC. The pictures are stunning and the level of detail in the costumes is neat to look at. Well worth it for you Star Wars fans.
We looked everywhere for the "Making of Star Wars" hardcover and couldn't find it. Borders, etc., had tons of the softcover versions, but not a hardcover in sight.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Chris, your best bet is to hit AMAZON.COM. Not only will you get a great deal, but it's ALWAYS in stock! :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
EDIT: Figured out my problem and saw the trailer. That looks really cool. Although Duel Of The Fates makes anything look cool. If you videotaped me drinking some Dr. Pepper and played Duel Of The Fates against it, it would look really cool. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
. If you videotaped me drinking some Dr. Pepper and played Duel Of The Fates against it, it would look really cool. :)
Don't give George any ideas. :D
Seriously, though, that trailer has me all kinds of excited about the Clone Wars TV series and I'm normally not a big fan of animated stuff. I can't wait for this show to air next year. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Doran

Screenwriter
ok, so happy anniversary, and all...i'm not a hardcore star wars guy, but i love aspects of the films, and i just today watched episode 1 of the clone wars with my 4 year old son (named luke, interestingly enough), who absolutely loved it, and has declared himself a jedi...

so i want to know, what the hell is this trailer for the new "clone wars"??? the implication of the few posts above this one is that it is to be an onging TV series beginning, when? 2008? is that right?

wow. i'm in. it would be impossible to overestimate my love for the current clone wars dvd's - if they can both hit and sustain that same note with these new CGI instalments, i will lose my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks