What's new

*** Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VI) Discussion Thread: Part 4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Happy anniversary to a) me finally getting off of my submarine 6 years ago to get out of the Navy, and b) Star Wars.

One of the most important films of all time, a pioneer, and a true legend.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Agreed, Chuck.
As providence would have it, my mother is flying in tonight, and we are going to watch ANH together this evening. Fitting, since she took me to see it all those years ago and started my love for the series. :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
htf_imgcache_8381.jpeg

htf_imgcache_8382.jpeg

:)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Today was Star Wars day at my Family Video store. I started out by running the commentary track on Star Wars, segued into Empire of Dreams, and then finally, not A New Hope, but STAR WARS! Happy Birthday Star Wars. You changed...everything.

"Get in there you big furry oaf. I don't care what ya smell!"

AJG

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I just saw that G4 is broadcasting a "Star Wars at 30" show from Celebration IV, and I'm so bummed I didn't get to go. :frowning:
Happy birthday, anyway, Star Wars.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Guys. :) Screen shots from the former Club Timobi Wan-2006.
Most of you know I agree...those shots are the Original Trilogy and continue to be my most treasured Star Wars moments. There are other great ones but none came close to what that meant to a rather dashing 13 year old. ;). And really what it means to me now at 43. (still dashing btw :P).
Great screen grabs too Steve! Too cool.
Does anyone wonder if Star Wars will still be celebrated in another 30 years? I'll be a young 73 year old! :eek:
Star Wars is one of those films that as the years go by, the faults are more magnified for sure, but the good stuff is larger than life itself and it's meaning for us grows too.
Been 2 years since the final installment, Revenge Of The Sith, and there has been some awfully good films since, but I have to admit that I still miss Star Wars. Always will. :)

DustinPizarro

Stunt Coordinator
This being the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, it only felt right to spin the dvd as I'm sure others did. Yet despite all these years the opening sequence with the Star Destroyer still sends chills down my spine. For those two hours I felt like a kid again!!!

"Will we still celebrate Star Wars in the next 30??"

I think we will be "extinct" of that "ancient religion"....

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Happy Birthday.

After 30 years "Star Wars" remains my all-time favorite movie, followed by "Jaws". For me, these two movies still represent the measuring stick for blockbuster film-making in this industry. After three decades, few have been able to pull off anything close to what Lucas and Spielberg accomplished in the summers of '75 and '77.

"Jaws" was the first summer blockbuster, while "Star Wars" basically changed the entire face of the industry. I've been witness to many cultural phenomenons over the past 30-plus years and to this day nothing comes close to the madness "Star Wars" created after its initial opening on May 25th, 1977.

After 30 years, "Star Wars" has become one of the most influential movies in the history of Hollywood. Today, many love to rail on George Lucas on may things, but the guy will always have my utmost respect for defying the odds and delivering this screen classic to the masses, especially in light of what he went through in making it.

By the way, the new 'Making of...' book is an absolutely must-have for fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks