What's new

*** Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VI) Discussion Thread: Part 4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Darren_N said:
All,
Here's an issue that I believe has been brought up before but I want to ask it again now that it relates me. Our oldest daughter is 6 now and has had some exposure to Star Wars but has never seen the movies. I believe the force is strong with her and that she is ready to start her training (although I'm still not sure she's ready to see Anakin burned to a crisp). So if I do start watching the movies with her, in what order do we watch them? I've always thought IV-VI first, then I-III in order to preserve the surprise of who Luke's father is. But I've also seen suggestions of IV, V, I, II, III, VI to show the rise of Luke (IV, V), then the rise and fall of Anakin (I, II, III), and eventually Luke's victory and Anakin's redemption (VI).
Any thoughts?
Darren
Regardless of age, I think it's best to view the films in order of release - the way most of us saw them.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i also seen all of the 1936-1940 DVD sets of flash gordon (3 of those) and 1 buck rogers set.
@least those people knew it was time to ham it up. but acting in 1-6 didn't even have any fun at all. no hamming it up.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
JediFonger said:
i also seen all of the 1936-1940 DVD sets of flash gordon (3 of those) and 1 buck rogers set.
@least those people knew it was time to ham it up. but acting in 1-6 didn't even have any fun at all. no hamming it up.
Don't know what films you were watching, but there was plenty of fun in the OT. There was even some in the prequels too, just not as much.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
SilverWook said:
Anyone else notice MTV is showing all the movies this weekend?
Yup! Watched AOTC yesterday while doing some work. ROTS and ANH are on today. I purposely saved some work for today, so I can do it while they are on.

Bunk

Auditioning
Real Name
Tomi
MielR said:
Regardless of age, I think it's best to view the films in order of release - the way most of us saw them.
Whots that?
smile7.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Chuck Mayer said:
This belongs in another forum, but I am going to share it in this thread, as a gift to SW fans who might not play many video games
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

The Old Republic
And it is certainly a gift.
Wow! Chuck that was stunning! That's what a Star Wars CG movie should look like IMO, not that kiddie thing Lucas gave us last year, and what was that about? Saving Jabbas son 'stinky' or something? tut tut :D
That cinematic had better visuals than most movies. Fantastic.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very impressive trailer. Thanks for posting that. Were the characters in that CG animated or were they human models? Because if the former, that's the best CG animation of human characters I have ever seen.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
E3 is this week, and I've seen some staggering visual tech out of that (Assassin's Creed 2 has another amazing cinematic trailer). This trailer is probably the sharpest (and most expensive - this level of quality is million$ per minute, I believe). I can't answer that question, Sam. Devil May Cry (an action game with cutscenes like this) uses actors, though they accentuate the physical actions in post.

The game won't look quite this good, but it'll probably be closer than we think.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
WOW! That's certainly the best video game trailer I've ever seen and it looks like one of the coolest things ever to come out of the SW universe. Very impressive. :emoji_thumbsup:

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
You know what I'd like to see? A CGI version of the Heir To the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn with the original actors providing the voices. I'd pay to see that.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Todd H said:
You know what I'd like to see? A CGI version of the Heir To the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn with the original actors providing the voices. I'd pay to see that.
:emoji_thumbsup: So would I! Although they'll have to digitally process Carrie Fisher's voice, she hardly sounds like "Princess Leia" anymore...
Any suggestions for the voice of Thrawn? Hugo Weaving perhaps, considering the stellar job he did in V For Vendetta?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Awesome cover! The Star Wars making-of book is the best of its kind that I've ever read so I have high hopes for the ESB one.

To the best of my recollection, they had said that the ESB book would be more a reprint of the 1980 making-of book and be supplemented with pictures and some new content but since J.W. Rinzler is the only person credited, it looks like alot (all?) of this book may be new material.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The first Rinzler book is outstanding, so very much looking forward to the next. I'd also recommend the Indiana Jones making of- book by Rinzler. Reading it, you really get a sense of the joy of movie making. Not to say he doesn't describe the hard work and frustration too, but the overall picture is of people having the times of their lives. Will look forward to the Empire book tremendously.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I have the first SW book and the Indiana Jones book and they're both outstanding. Can't wait for the ESB book...especially since it's devoted to my favorite movie of all-time. /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
What a coincidence. I’m right in the middle of reading the Star Wars making of and seeing this news is great. This book is longer than I expected. Its font is so small and it contains so much information. I read the Indiana Jones book which covered 4 films faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks