What's new

Official STAR WARS Saga Discussion Thread: Part 5 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don’t think George has any say whatsoever anymore.
Probably not, but Kathleen Kennedy said something along the lines of not doing it because George didn't want to. If he were to say "ok, go ahead..." it could change things.

YANG

Screenwriter
interesting... Does Disney have respect to Lucas at all?
Should the proposal gets a full support from both parties, Disney and Lucas, i do wish just only 1~6 gets Criterion release.
Whatever done by JJ.Abrams... stays with Disney/FOX badge.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Via Digitalbits

Finally today, here’s a blast from the past for Star Wars fans: Someone has scanned the original 70 mm film produced by ILM for use in Disney’s Star Tours theme park ride and upsampled it. So now you can watch it here on YouTube in up to 4K resolution...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There isn’t a separate thread for Tales of the Jedi (that I could find) but I will say that between that show and Andor, we’re seeing some of the best Star Wars ever produced.

I was also thinking about how the Disney+ shows started after the movies (The Mandalorian started just as Rise of Skywalker was released), and the TV shows have shown a diversity of tone and a dramatic emphasis that the sequel trilogy lacked (and I’m not a sequel trilogy hater). It will be interesting to see how the new movies stack up against the shows when they eventually resume (which seems to be either 2025 or 2027 at this point). Andor, in particular, is grownup Star Wars (hard to believe it exists in the same universe as Gunguns and Ewoks). Going to be hard to go back to silly CG creatures after that.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'd like to see that as well with existing characters. It may be a good way to see more of young Han and Lando or the sequel characters, etc.
Unfortunately, I think using Han or Lando would necessitate a full length movie or series (especially since a Lando series was announced two years ago), just given the star power involved - although I'd certainly want to see them in anything. But hell yes, I'd love to see some Star Wars specials -- anything to redeem the infamous 1978 Holiday Special (which should still be remastered and released).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, I think using Han or Lando would necessitate a full length movie or series (especially since a Lando series was announced two years ago), just given the star power involved...
I'm just guessing but I think getting bigger names like Donald Glover or Oscar Isaac to come back may be easier if they only have to do an hour-ish long "episode" rather than being in multiple movies or a TV series that may run for years.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Stumbled on this. Is this the first merchandise from the Holiday Special? ( I realize it has Rey instead of Leia, BB8 instead of R2-D2.)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

‘Revenge of the Jedi’ Darth Vader Figure to Debut at Star Wars Celebration​

Darth-Vader-Action-Figure-1-Publicity-EMBED-2023.jpg

Darth-Vader-Action-Figure-3-Publicity-EMBED-2023.jpg

Darth-Vader-Action-Figure-4-Publicity-EMBED-2023.jpg

Darth-Vader-Action-Figure-5-Publicity-EMBED-2023.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don’t recall Darth sporting so much red. Is this one of those super expensive collectibles or something that comes with a special edition blu ray. Looks like the former. I do recall the retitling because Jedis don’t take revenge.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don’t recall Darth sporting so much red. Is this one of those super expensive collectibles or something that comes with a special edition blu ray. Looks like the former. I do recall the retitling because Jedis don’t take revenge.
Vader is tinged red so it has the look that he has on the Revenge poster. This is an exclusive at Star Wars Celebration Europe (a fan convention run by LFL) so they're just taking an existing figure and changing the paint job so they have a 'new' toy to sell.

Carl David

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Carl
Is DVD the only option for watching the original trilogy theatrical cuts on disc?

If so, which version is the best to choose from?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Is DVD the only option for watching the original trilogy theatrical cuts on disc?

Yep. The only option is the 2006 (?) DVD release which has the original movies included on a second disc with each movie. Be forewarned that the original versions are non-anamorphic with a transfer used for a 1993 laserdisc so don't expect it to look like a modern disc.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus

I have the separate laserdisc releases and box sets so I can watch them. I also have the Best Buy tin dvd box set that has the original theatrical cuts and they look ok for dvd at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks