What's new

Official STAR WARS Saga Discussion Thread: Part 5 (2 Viewers)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Mind blown: just watched Lawrence Kasdan’s Silverado for the first time in years, and Maz Katana is Linda Hunt’s Stella. Same writer of both films, no way it’s a coincidence.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
RIP Yub Nub. We hardly knew ye.
After 25 years, this is an old discussion but I think the various songs in Return Of The Jedi have all been pretty lousy. Yub Nub fits with the Ewoks but once George decided to go with a galaxy-wide celebration for the SE ending, I think the 'new' song works better. The two songs in Jabba's palace are both terrible but at least Jedi Rocks has the courage to be ridiculously silly while Lapti Nek is just bad. I also appreciate the SE just stopping the movie dead in its tracks to have a crazy song too. Lucas is a good editor so he knew that taking a detour for a song is an insane thing to do but I can only imagine that he was simply amused by it so he put it in there anyway.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I've always found it interesting that Joseph Williams, son of John, wrote the words to the original Jabba song and the Ewok celebration. He's part of the current Toto and he can sing his ass off.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Jackson’s own words are too good not to share.

“I asked. I asked — the only person I’ve ever said that to, about coming back, was Bryce Dallas Howard, ’cause I just did a movie with her, and she directs episodes of ‘The Mandalorian,'” he said. “Said, ‘So you think you might be able to hook a brother up? I mean, you like me, right?’ She’s like, ‘I love you, you’re amazing!’ ‘So put me back in! Put me in coach, I’m ready! I’ll learn to lightsaber left handed. Come on.'”

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I just want the original trilogy I grew up with, released in unaltered Blu-ray and 4K editions. No Lucas embellishments, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks