What's new

*** Official "STAR WARS & EPISODE II" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Being the Star Wars geek that I am, I was giddy as hell after seeing the new teaser. The shot of Boba Fett and Slave 1 gave me chills. I also loved the shot with all of the cloned Storm Troopers marching into the transport. This trailer was well done and made me hungry for more, more, more, more....... Ahem, sorry. :)
As much as I want to see Harry Potter, that film really can't get here fast enough now.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."
[Edited last by Dean DeMass on November 03, 2001 at 05:49 AM]

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It is due to be available online on Monday, with TV stations across the world airing it same day or possibly over the weekend. I look forward to it, awaiting the longer one coming with Harry Potter more, but this (and the one online next friday on the DVD link) should be neat.
Dan (UK)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Relating to the Podunk USA comment...shouldn't all screenings of Monsters, Inc. have it? I read (somewhere on HTF, in fact) that the SW trailer was shipping in the can with Monsters, Inc., not being attached at the theatre at the discretion of the owner. Did I hear correctly on that? That would make sense why it was shown last in the long line of trailers (thankfully, we had Potter on the one end and SW on the other...helped me wipe out any sad memory of the sad looking Peter Pan and Stuart Little movies...*shudder*).
Phil
PS While the images of Fett (daddy Fett, I think) looked great, I keep thinking back to the cheap demise of Boba in Return of the Jedi. Sheesh.
------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
The picture of the kids in school (or whatever) with the things on their heads was pretty cool. Didn't really seem like Star Wars.
And I'm pretty sure the Fett is Jango Fett.
------------------

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I keep thinking back to the cheap demise of Boba in Return of the Jedi. Sheesh
Double-sheesh! Believe it not, this was my biggest gripe about RoTJ. Maybe when Lucas revisits the film (you know he will), he'll rectify this. [new RoTJ scene]After defeating Jabba and his minions, Luke and co. fly off. Pan over to the Sarlaac pit. Smoke and fire erupt from the creature's maw, it's tentacles spasm and lay still. Boba Fett pulls himself out of the stunned Sarlaac's mouth and clambers up the pit to safety. Seething with rage, he stands up and shakes his fist at the now distant sand barge that is carrying our heroes away...[/new RoTJ scene] Gee, do you think the purists would complain about that? :)
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
A request! It seems that Lucasfilm is really fast this time. I get the impression that instead of working on the movie, the entire staff of Lucasfilm has been set to monitor the Internet. Don’t post any link because they are removed immediately.
I’m interested to see 1) the CG Yoda and 2) The Clone Troopers. If you have them, I would be grateful if you could send them to me via my e-mail. Thanks in advance. (I know that we might see the trailer on-line on Monday)
[Edited last by Sam Davatchi on November 03, 2001 at 02:18 PM]

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Wow! That was fast! Thanks alot, I got them. No more please!
biggrin.gif

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I would like to see the shots Sam wanted emailed to him and any more if it's not too much trouble. I didn't realize that was a CGI Yoda. :)
------------------
"Uh-oh."
"Don't tell me, we're about to go over a huge waterfall?"
"Yep."
"Sharp rocks at the bottom?"
"Most likely."
"....Bring it on."
My DVD List
Home Theater Site

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
For those in the UK
It has been reported that the teaser trailer will be shown on TV on BBC1 on Monday on Newsround, which is around 5.25 pm.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I like that re-edit. Purists would be fine with it more than the fabled HAN SHOT FIRST discussion. Another thing about this trailer, were we seeing the Digital Camera material? Did it look different from film to anyone?
Better, worse, no difference? I didn't see it long enough to make a real judgement, but it looked fine for what I did catch.
Phil
------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
[new RoTJ scene]After defeating Jabba and his minions, Luke and co. fly off. Pan over to the Sarlaac pit. Smoke and fire erupt from the creature's maw, it's tentacles spasm and lay still. Boba Fett pulls himself out of the stunned Sarlaac's mouth and clambers up the pit to safety. Seething with rage, he stands up and shakes his fist at the now distant sand barge that is carrying our heroes away...[/new RoTJ scene] Gee, do you think the purists would complain about that?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I like that re-edit. Purists would be fine with it more than the fabled HAN SHOT FIRST discussion.
Really? Whatever happened to the "the filmmaker has no right to change his films after they've been released" arguement that purists always go on about?
I guess that as long as they like the changes, it's okay with them.
rolleyes.gif

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I got to thinking about it and went and looked at the one "treatment" write-up that seemed to be from a SW wacko awhile back.
Thinking of the Jango Fett flying upward and away from someone in the rain, I noticed this part from his alleged true storyline
quote: Before Wesell can reveal her secrets, she is killed by the nefarious Jango Fett with a Kyber Dart. Jango flees the scene. Anakin returns to Padme and takes her to safety. At the same time, Obi-Wan chases after Jango Fett in the rain. Obi-Wan finds Jango on a landing dock while it rains furiously. An intense battle sequence ensues between Jango and Obi-Wan. This fight is breathtaking for both its scope and complexity. We see intricate moves that have never been attempted before on film. In the background, we see Jango's starship, the infamous Slave I. From inside Slave I, a 12-year-old Boba Fett, son of Jango, watches the fight. Boba Fett helps out his father by firing the Slave I's blasters at Obi-Wan. [/quote]
Now it has been said that this guy just put together a treatment based on known rumors and sneak pics, and maybe this shot had been making the rounds some 6 months ago. But then again...and that is a scene that apparently will have 2 HUMANS being killed. I just want better, not necessarily darker, but that sounds darker to me.
As I mentioned before, I think the film still looks to be too much CGI (clones, city floating on ocean), but that Fett move looked great and the Yoda CGI looked pretty good in the brief glimpse.
I'm going to look at that story treatment some more and then look for other matches when the trailer goes to the net.
[Edited last by Seth Paxton on November 03, 2001 at 08:20 PM]

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I went to see Training Day tonight, and since Monsters started 10 minutes earlier then T.D., I decided to watch the trailers for Monsters, and I agree the Star Wars Trailer was Awesome!
icon14.gif

------------------
norm.jpg

Link Removed
Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
What can I say... It's just incredible to sit in a theater and see Star Wars footage that I've never seen before. And it looks like Attack Of The Clones will be just as eye-poppingly incredible to just look at as The Phantom Menace (make snide remarks about CGI serving the story if you want, but movies are a visual medium and the visuals are incredible).
Can't wait.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
And it looks like Attack Of The Clones will be just as eye-poppingly incredible to just look at as The Phantom Menace (make snide remarks about CGI serving the story if you want, but movies are a visual medium and the visuals are incredible).

"A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." -
George Lucas
------------------
-Dwayne

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep, right on schedule. I knew I shouldn't have actually asked for snide remarks...
Not that I disagree with what you're saying (I mean, that was me screaming in pain during Waking Life), but the converse has some merit as well. Fantasies should be fantastic, in the imaginative as well as superlative sense of the world. If I just wanted a story, I'd read a book; movies should excite the senses.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Fantasies should be fantastic, in the imaginative as well as superlative sense of the world. If I just wanted a story, I'd read a book; movies should excite the senses.
Why must you seperate the two? Wouldn't it be nice to have both?
And for some people, reading does excite the senses. It just requires a little something called imagination.
------------------
-Dwayne

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Seth,
I sent you an email with a section of the Ep. II scriptment I downloaded from theforce.net a while back. It's considered to be pretty accurate. The section I sent is the Obi-wan/Jango fight. Spoiler:It doesn't occur right after the death of Wesell. Obi fights Jango on the water planet Kamino while Anakin is with Amidala on Naboo.
I didn't post it here because Lucasfilm seems to be cracking down on internet information. I didn't want take any chances. Parnoid perhaps
biggrin.gif

------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!
[Edited last by Jim_C on November 04, 2001 at 11:09 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks