What's new

*** Official 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones' DVD Announcement/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
On DVD File. These are the specs:
Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burt.
"From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
"State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
Downloaded by millions from starwars.com the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic
HoloNet News website
DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Special Edition VHS includes six deleted scenes and a "Star Wars Connections" featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans of the series.
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/08_01.html

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Due to the want to cut down on multiple posts about the announcement, this thread has been made the Official thread to discuss aspects of the forthcoming Attack of the Clones DVD.
Dan
PS: DVD File's news story also has cover art pics.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
It’s very unfortunate that they have not created and included a documentary like ‘The Beginning’. That was the highlight of Episode I! I have seen it more than the movie itself!
"We had such great response from the 'The Beginning' documentary on the 'Episode I' DVD that we've included three documentaries on 'Episode II,' " Ward said.
Yes I read that. They are normal documentaries focused on a specific subject. They are not like the beginning, a documentary like a movie in itself that tells the story of the making of the movie from start to end in dramatic context without Lucasfilm people being interviewed and saying all the time, we are great!

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds good but it doesn't mention which cut we can expect. The analog cut, the DLP cut or even a totally different cut with added scenes like EPI...
Also I'm confused because there doesn't seem to be a documentary like The Beginning.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
If it's being transferred from the digital source, I'd guess we can expect the DLP cut, which is the one Lucas worked on till the last minute, and can thus be considered the "definitive" one.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Great!
I'm still astounded that this release will come on the same day as the Lord of the Rings director's cut.
November 12 could be designated as the greatest day for the SCI-FI/FANTASY genre in the history of the DVD format.
This in spite of the fact that August 6 will bring us the Lord of the Rings theatrical release, Star Trek:Wrath of Khan - Directors' Cut SE, Clash of the Titans, and Time after Time.

John Simon

Second Unit
This is typically Lucas, though. Anyone else notice that the VHS copy has a feature the DVD lacks? It includes the "Connections" video, which was a really neat documentary hosted by C-3P0 and R2-D2 explaining how all the movies fit together. It's only listed as a feature on the VHS, which sure makes me think Lucas is hoping fans will buy both. Ridiculous...

Also, even Star Wars will now be release in WS and FS. I didn't see that one coming.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I don't mind it. Let the people who want the pan and scan enjoy it also. What's the harm? I don't understand people who are unhappy with this!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I just hope that the OAR version isn't hard to find. I can always order it online, I know. However, nowadays it's cheaper to just buy it at a B&M when it comes out. Online shopping ain't what it used to be.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Will the movie it's self have additional footage? TPM DVD made no mention of new footage in the actual movie, so maybe there will be.

Jeff

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
I don't mind either there being seperate widescreen and pan and scan versions of the film. Are they putting all of the extras on one disc?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I know I will buy Widescreen, and avoid P&S anyway.
In the end it comes all down to yourself which you prefer.
The Connections Video will probably show up on the Collector's Box set that will come out in 2005.
Besides who still has vcr here ? :D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad this isn't going to be a widescreen bullet release. You want Star Wars? Buy it as it was seen in the theaters.

I'll most certainly be picking this up.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am glad there are seperate ws and p&s releases. That leaves more space for all of the other good stuff without using it on the other format.

I like the covers used too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks