What's new

*** Official SPY KIDS 3D: GAME OVER Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The prints for this were apparently super-saturated and exposed many multiples brighter than normal films to compensate for the dimmer projection bulbs of modern cinemas.

As for why anaglyph instead of polarized, my guess is that it's due to the # of screens issue. Of the local theaters in my area, only one (then-Hoyts [now Regal] Crossgates 18) was equipped to show Ghosts of the Abyss when it came through. Since this isn't a niche picture, Disney probably wasn't willing to take the hit in screen count for this film.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Make sure you stay till the very end of the credits for

Very first audition test for the Spy Kids

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
SK3D opened with $11.5 million box office on friday, easily beating TR2 and Seabiscuit. I don't think anyone saw that coming. All the forecasts i saw had it a distant 3rd in the box office sweepstakes.

Maybe just a single-day blip over the 3D curiosity?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I saw the film last night and it was packed. I will admit the 3-D was the best red/blue anaglyph I've seen yet, BTW. I will be curious to see the box office on Monday!

KyleK

Second Unit
For some reason when watching this with the glasses on, I still seemed to be getting a double image. For example in the closing credits there was sort of a shadow or ghost of the letters black borders a bit to the left. Possibly the problem was that they tried to retain color with red and blue 3D.

Overall the story was pretty weak but well suited to 3D. I almost laughed when they run outside and shout "The game has entered the real world!" The video game also seemed to have no goal or purpose, it was just, "we are now entering level 5," without really doing much to get there.

The best sequence was the motorcycle race, but the best 3D was when the little purple 'powerup' was floating and Juni grabbed it.

Kyle:D

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Red/Blue anaglyph presentations often suffer from ghosting. That's why few 3-D movies have utilized it in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks