Official Specs For The Others on DVD!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

According to DVD Talk.com QUOTE "We've got the early word on some of the bonus features which will be on the upcoming 2 DVD Edition of The Others. Set for release on May 14 The Others DVD will feature: Theatrical Trailer, A Look Inside "The Others - 30 min Documentary, Visual EFX Featurette, A World Without Sun - The real XP, Behind Closed Doors - Original Behind The Scenes Featurette, "The Others" Photo Album. We've confirmed that The Others will be 16x9 enhanced, WON'T have DTS and right now the audio commentaries are still TBD."

I couldn't get the quote thing to work so I appologize.

2. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Sounds pretty loaded. Probably equal to the extras on the Cast Away disc but not up there with Nicole Kidman's other hit film "Moulin Rouge". I didn't catch this one in the theateres so this should be a good way to view it. Except for the fact that some jerky friends of mine ruined the twist ending for me. How Nicole Kidman and her children are the actual ghosts
    which really sucks because my friend said if you know that fact then it's not scary. It sucks to be me! [​IMG]
    ~Kevin

3. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

I never saw it in theaters either but am looking forward to get it in May. Didn't the movie come out in july or august.

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Cracking film, seemes like it'll be a solid disc. I must say The Others had one of the most interesting and inventive sound mixes I'd heard for quite some time. All that and due on my birtdhay? Lovely. [​IMG]
    Dan

5. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

Sounds like a great disc.

I thought that the film was well directed, but the ending was too reminiscent of The Sixth Sense
    in my opinion.

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Final specs for The Others (from DVDfile):
    This two disc set boasts a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, English Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 tracks with additional French and Spanish dubs and subtitles, and a second disc full of extras, including "A Look Inside The Others" full-length documentary, additional "Visual EFX" and "XP" featurettes, the original EPK, trailers and TV spots.

7. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

That's great, but DVD File have either got the date wrong or it's coming out on a Saturday...?...

Dan