What's new

*** Official SORORITY ROW Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Travis, I agree with you about Hatchet. It's not an awful film, but its balance of humor and horror is consistently tipped toward comedy - something that didn't happen with "old school" slasher flicks until the last few years of the 80s, really.

I can't help but feel as if that film was a victim of its own advertising. I wanted something in the vein of the early 80s slasher flicks, and what I got was a gory comedy/horror flick. Some of it was fun, though, and I loved the ending.

With Sorority Row, I liked that most of the girls had a few moments of character development - even if the majority of them weren't entirely likeable. I will say that I thought Briana Evigan and Jamie Chung were both very good and sympathetic. I also liked how some of the kills were creative, unlike the MBV remake where it was always a pickaxe kill.

Finally, the final shot let me with a huge smile on my face. That was more "old school" than anything I've seen in the genre recently.

Definitely nothing great, but I'll be adding this to my slasher collection when it hits Blu-ray.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The trailer to this reminded me of I Know What You Did Last Summer. That and the fact that I hate remakes have helped to convince me not to waste my time on it. Might be worth a rental, though. I'm more interested in the legitimacy of Liberation Entertainment's "25th Anniversary" re-issue of the original. I'm guessing its just a port of Elite's version but if anyone can prove me wrong...

MattFini

Supporting Actor
With the exception of the general concept, it has very little to do with the original.

Actually, I was hoping that we'd see the original fim's Jester outfit trotted out here, but no such luck.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Sorority Row". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Sorority Row" should be posted to the
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Sorority Row". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Sorority Row" should be posted to the
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The blonde (not Chuggs) cracked me up with some of her lines throughout the movie. I had the villian figured out very early, but it did not lessen the killride. Can't really summon enough energy for a quick review, but it was watchable for the eye candy, and somewhat tolerable on a storyline-level (but still a bit underwritten).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks