What's new

****** Official Sopranos General Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny V

Agent
I am so pumped for the new season to start. I never watched the show during its normal runs, but thanks to netflix I have been blowing through the first three seasons for the past month or so and I just finished the 3rd season last night. It's going to be hard to have to wait for Sundays to come. I've been used to seeing a couple of episodes a night which is great. I hope I can take it:frowning:

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Not quite right. The decision was left up to Ralphie. IF he had given Jackie Jr. a pass, then HE would have to sell it to the others, including Christopher...
It was Tony's way of telling Ralphie that he was F'd no matter what route he took.
Hmmm, might have to go back and watch the next to last episode again.
It'll be interesting to see what happens to Paulie. He was doing quite a bit of ass kissing with Johnny Sack at the end of the last episode.
I can't wait until Sunday! It can't possible get any better. NFL Sunday Ticket for all of the football games and then The Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm!!!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Only 12 hours to go!
BTW, Tonight's premiere episode is entitled For All Debts Public And Private.
I miss my family.;)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I hate not being able to participate in Sopranos discussion, last year we were about a month behind. I have no idea about this season but I expect it to be nearly the same time frame. It definitely is my favorite show on the TV, so naturally I don't like being spoiled on what is to come, and then by the time each episode aires - you guys are way passed discussion it. :)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Not quite right. The decision was left up to Ralphie. IF he had given Jackie Jr. a pass, then HE would have to sell it to the others, including Christopher...
Not even close. Tony was telling him to wack Jacki Jr. in that scene. Ralphi new when he walked out of that sit down, the order was given to whack Jr Aprile. If you watch the director commentaries on season 3 dvd set, it explains Tony's motives in the way he went about asking Ralph to do the hit. Something to the effect that Tony could live with himself, because he had nothing to do with it directly, also him saying give the kid a pass on wire taps puts Tony in the clear......

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Ok, My major predictions for season 4.
1:Pauly Walnuts swings over to the NY family. Tony can't do anything about it, being NY is much more powerful than the Jersey Family.
2: Christopher becomes Captain or gets promoted fast, driving Pauly up a wall. Pauly will be extremely jealous, and further lead him to bolt from the Soprano Family. IMHO, Christopher is being groomed to take over the rains of the Soprano family, once Tony goes down....
3: Christopher has an affair with Meadow.... ( Bold :D )
4: Pauly Walnuts will be the major character to be offed this year.
5: Tony and Carm get separated at some point.
6: Tony goes to jail at the end of the season, or very close.
7: Bloodbath or war newteen the NY and the NJ families....
8: Uncle Jun tries for a 3rd time to have Tony Whacked.... and for a third time, blows it. But this time Tony won't be so nice....

Blu

Screenwriter
Russian/NJ family war starts!
Now wouldn't that be a nice backdrop for the season?
The Charles S. Dutton storyline is forgotten about.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tonight's premiere was, as expected, an episode that took it's time in laying out some interesting groundwork for the upcoming season.
Family seems to be the initial focus. Let's see where it goes.
Damn, it's great to have The Sopranos back!:)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
A very good ep. And unlike last years opener that really centered around the family and the FBI's attempt to bug the house, this opener really spread it around and set alot of things in motion. Not that I disliked last year's show, but this one really got the ball rolling. My only complaint, you think that after waiting a year and a half HBO could've thrown us a bone and showed two eps, but then we'd be a week closer to the finale. Damn Sopranos the hour really goes by too quickly,

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Damn, after watching the first episode, thats a pretty good prediction Steven. I think that Furio will get whacked trying to hook up with Carmella but everything else looks to be right on track.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Here is "Entertainment Weekly"'s blurb on next week's ep, for what it's worth:
"Chris tries to ride the three-way expressway with Adirana and her new FBI buddy. Music fans: check out the nice performance by Jersey garage rockers the Swingin' Neckbreakers. Vomit fans: check out the nice hurl scene."
I think the S4 preview showed a snippet of this: We saw Chris in between two women, and there is an audio snippet where Chris shouts "You're the one who introduced her to me!"

Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. :)

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
At the hotel, I liked the way the comment was made to Tony about his wardrobe during a gathering at his house: "A Don doesn't walk around in shorts."
BTW Tony, a Don doesn't walk down to the end of his driveway for the morning paper in boxer's, t-shirt, and an open bathrobe. :D
Thos.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I always wondered about that. How easy for someone to be waiting for him there.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
13.4 million viewers tuned in to The Sopranos Sunday night, making it the most watched program of the night, beating all the network and cable shows.
It was also the highest rated show on HBO ever with about 2 million more viewers than tuned in for the season 3 premiere on March 4, 2001.
BTW, Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Nostradamus predicted all of this too!:D

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
I always wondered about that. How easy for someone to be waiting for him there.
perhaps you see the last scene of the show. Mob bosses have historically been killed while doing their 'routine'. Tony is more paranoid in the last episode w.r.t. people following the car, etc., but still doesn't realize the huge mark he has by doing the same thing daily...

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Then again, maybe he just thinks it's safe near his home because he just knows that the Feds are probably watching his every move!;)

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
It is generally frowned upon to ever attack a man at his home.. if i remember correctly, its always been a no no in the mob to do such a thing..

always away from the real family..

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Jalil, didn't know that, thanks. My mob knowledge is limited to the Sopranos, the Godfather and Goodfellas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks