****** Official Sopranos General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tino, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Attention Members...... This will be our Official Sopranos Season 4 General Discussion Thread. Let's keep all posts regarding Seasons 1 thru 4 in this thread... Reviews of each individual show will be in a separate thread posted on Sunday nights soon after the show ends... This section will be run similar to the movies section. Thank You, Steve Simon
    After 16 months, the season four premiere of The Sopranos is thankfully almost upon us.
    I thought it might be a good idea to start one discussion thread for the entire 13 episode season so that all our comments can be easily referenced in one thread instead of numerous individual ones. It's much more interesting IMO, to have it all in one spot.[​IMG]
    Anyway, all the reviews I have been reading of the first few episodes have been excellent. A good friend of mine went to the premiere at Radio City Music Hall and he said the show was great and quality is consistent.
    So who else will be tuning in?:b

2. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

count me in. I've got 2 episodes left from Season 3, plan on watching one tonight, and the last one Wed or Thur to complete the 3 season build up [​IMG]

3. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Predictions:
    1) someone gets whacked.
    2) Tony says "how you doin'?" at least twice.
    3) Tony tells Dr. Melfi something about an event in his life and Melfi responds by asking how that makes him feel.
    4) A.J. Does something stupid.
    5) Christopher does something stupid.

The big question for this season: will the product placements be the same as last season? Mercedes, Ruffino, Office Depot...

Seriously I can't wait! Its been a long 16 months, I went through my S3 discs in 4 days.

4. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I predict a major character will get whacked. Not sure who but someone with a lot of presence in the family.
    If this is the next to last season then some major changes will be coming up near the end of this season.
    Can't wait!

5. Paul Jenkins

My predictions for major character whacked is Paulie Walnuts. I think the Pine Barrens episode was just the tip of setup for his riff with Tony. I also expect at least a hit or two attempted at Tony again...

6. Greg Morse

Greg Morse Stunt Coordinator

I'm betting Paulie gets whacked.

Between the failure to kill the Russian and his obvious displeasure with the results of the sitdown. My guess is either Tony has to pop him or else the Russians do and it starts a war.

7. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I bet that a TON of unresolved plotlines from last year get left untouched. Any takers?

8. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

David Chase has said that he doesn't consider the Pine Barrens episode to be unresolved, but then again maybe he just doesn't want to give anything away! I don't think that Melfi's rape is unresolved either. The cops screwed up so there can be no prosecution of the rapist, Melfi was tempted to tell Tony and have him taken care Soprano style, but resisted that temptation. I love the way that episode ended, with Melfi pausing before saying "no" and the quick cut to black.

I wonder if the cop that gave Tony the ticket and got kicked off active duty won't come back and bite T in the butt, and I also wonder about Paulie... the cast promo shot had him dressed in white and not interacting at all with the other characters, maybe thats where all the "Paulie gets whacked" rumors come from.

9. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

10. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Tony having Janice whacked to appease the Russian mafia would suit me just fine. [​IMG] Very Godfather-esque as well (Michael-Fredo).
    It would be sad to see Paulie get it. No one utters the word "c***sucker" like he does. [​IMG]
    I saw an ad today which seems to feature Meadow prominently in some sort of sordid affair. I don't know, it was so incredibly vague and hyper-edited I'm not even sure it was Meadow. But it sure was exciting, whatever I saw! [​IMG]

11. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

FINALLY we will get the Sopranos in Canada more or less the same time as in the US. It starts on the 17th on one of the digital cable channels.

Let the nightmares begin...

12. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

A friend of mine has somehow seen the first four episodes of season 4. I'm not really surprised that they were leaked, given the history of the internet and movies/programming. They are the complete episodes minus the end credits that weren't done yet.
    Anyway, he has told me a bit about them (yeah I know) and I called him tonight and asked him about some of the speculations mentioned here.
    This will probably drive you all nuts but I will list it below using spoiler tags. Some might be major spoliers so read at your own risk as this might ruin things for you.
    If I am violating any HTF rules, my appologies. I do not have access to these episodes, I haven't seen them, and I am not giving intructions on where to get them...Nor do I even know, I never asked my friend this. I'm assuming it was on the net somewhere.

>someone gets whacked
    No one major in the first four episodes. One major person almost gets whacked but it's called off.
    >A.J. Does something stupid.
    Not surprisingly, I'm told he does nothing in the first four episodes except lock someone in a garage as a prank.
    My comment: Is it just me or is this the most under used character in Sopranos? He's done nothing for atleast 3 seasons.
    >Christopher does something stupid.
    No, but his girlfriend does since she gets close with her new friend from the FBI. Christopher commits the only homicide in these episodes. I didn't ask who.
    >Pine Barrens episode
    This hasn't been brought up yet.
    >Melfi's rape
    She still talks about with her shrink and hasn't gotten over it.
    >Meadow prominently in some sort of sordid affair
    Nothing as yet. I'm told she is rather boring this season but she is shown wearing a bikini top in episode 1. [​IMG]

Again, if I'm violating any rules, then delete away! If it's really driving you guys crazy, I'll delete it myself.
    Jeff

13. Johnny wilson

Johnny wilson Stunt Coordinator

Sundays are back. Micheal Imperioli has said this is the best season yet as well as many other cast members. Get ready to wake up Monday mornings after being haunted by the Sopranos. Let's get ready to rumble boys!

14. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

I also have a "friend" who has seen the first four eps. Okay, it's me. What I can reveal, without giving away plot details, is that IMO these four eps are pretty damned good. Back to season one quality (sans NM, of course [​IMG] ), with ep4 being particularly good. Can't wait till ep 5.

15. Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack Second Unit

It better be friggin' good. David Chase has all the time in the world to do this season. It was, what a year and a half without the Sopranos? I can't wait. Bears and Sopranos make my Sunday.

16. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

One thing I hope to see this year is for Ralphie to forget about #$%^* "Gladiator".

I'd like to see him sit down and watch "The Matrix" with AJ!
    How about that Cypher character!!

17. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

Ralphie is a bigger lowlife than Ritchie Aprile.
    I hope he gets killed in the first new episode.

18. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I'm anxiously awaiting the first episode of the fourth season. I finished up the episodes that I missed from the 3rd season this week. I think that something further might happen from the Jackie Jr. episode since Tony and Ralphie had agreed to give him a 'pass' and then Ralphie had him whacked anyway. Hopefully they don't just leave it at that. Something is definitely going to happen with Paulie. He's pissed at T and Ralphie from the sitdown and he's been a little out of control lately. I just hope they don't whack him cause I love that guy! [​IMG] He's a great character. I also hope that Furio gets a more prominent role in the new season.
    Almost forgot to add, Janice was getting awfully chummy with Ralphie at the reception following Jackie Jr's funeral. I wonder if that's going to lead to anything? She just has a thing for these lowlifes!

19. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Stunt Coordinator

20. Paul Jenkins

early rumor is that Ralphie ditches Ro and hooks up with Janice. ewwwwww