What's new

Official Sony BDP-S1 Blu-Ray player thread (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
That's a good deal. For that price, I'd get the stand-alone as a 3rd-gen profile 2.0 player might cost less than the PS3 by the time you're ready to upgrade.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Buy it, and make sure you get the latest firmware upgrade disc from Sony. I had the player for a week, and returned it for the newer Sony S300. But, i was happy with it. Just wanted the newer cheaper version, with the firmware already upgraded.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
It's an excellent unit and wonderful build quality. A tank. :) The remote is not the most responsive I've ever used but it's a minor annoyance. Go for it.

Real Name
Chris
I originally bought this layer when it was a grand for it. Its friggen huge!

I completly HATE this player, its the slowest thing alive. It takes 3 minutes to turn on, another minute to open the tray, another to get the movie playing, and once the movie is playing, it freezes half way through and I got to go repeat the process and skip to the part where it froze.

does anybody else have problems with this player being very slow and laggy?

whats the difference between this and the new player thats only 400?

im upset that I spent a grand on the player and now sony leaves us behind and doesnt support it. I have latest updates and its still pathetic...

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
That to me seems like a buggy player. I have never had it take longer than 30 seconds turning it on. You say Sony doesn't support it? I had a problem with mine just a couple of weeks ago and I contacted them. They really helped me out. Maybe it has to be serviced. I hate to say it, but it does seem that way.

Good luck in getting that resolved.

don monteith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Monteith
I don't know if this will help but there is a new firmware out. I installed it yesterday. Like I said, I don't know if it will help your issues but it is worth a try. I have had this player since it was first released and have never had an issue with it freezing up. It does take a little while to start but that's about it. Try the firmware or call Sony. They will help you. It really does sound like you need to get it serviced.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks