What's new

***Official "SHOWTIME" Review Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I managed to see a sneak preview of this at the local SilverCity tonight. It had its moments and was good for a few chuckles, but it suffers from the PG rating. As far as I'm concerned, you need to let Eddie Murphy go in order to ensure a good comedic role. Robert DeNiro (who also co-produced) seemed to have fun with it but, there again, the theatrical trailer ruined some of what was problably ment to be some funny parts in the film. Rene Russo and William Shatner had their moments. Let's put it this way: Do you like the tv show cops? If so, then you'll problably love this one. If not, skip it or wait to rent it. Approx. 95 minutes, Aspect Ratio 2:40 to 1.

Thanks for reading, I tried to make sure not to spoil anything for anybody.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
This is now designated the offical review thread for the film "Showtime." Please post all reviews to this thread. Discussion for "Showtime" should go to THIS thread.
Thank you!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, not a very good film at all! I laughed a couple of times, but mostly I was bored with the script. I won't be revisiting this film again on dvd or any other format. Thankfully, it was only about 90 minutes long. A real waste of some great talent, if the film had a little more creative writing, this could have been a very funny picture. This is a short review because I can't say anything really good about this mediocre film.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks