What's new

*** Official SHARK TALE Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Suprised there isn't one already (and yes, I did search but it didn't turn up so..)

Took the kids to see SharkTale today. Hmm. Mixed feelings. Somewhat like Nemo with a lot of racial overtones and implications I wasn’t necessarily fond of, these included notations of "ghettos" "moving on up" "too good to be with your own" and rap stereotypes as well.

However, there were great adult jibes from movies, taking lines from Godfather, Scarface, and other films and blending them in as humorous drops to adults who would be in the audience.

The animation was “OK” but at times lacked fluidity and seemed “stiff” in comparison to Pixar work or Shrek. This was especially noticable with "bubbles" which seemed dull and really simplistic in comparison to either of those films. Other moments, including a demolition of a billboard sign, seemed to stay "flat" and rather dull in presentation.

The plot itself was the biggest weakness in that it often felt "forced" and lacked any real character inertia or reason to care for the characters. In fact, the main character (as portrayed by Will Smith) tried for redemption in the end, but still came off as not that likable (IMHO)

:star: :star: /:star: :star: :star: :star:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Shark Tale". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks