1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official SEX AND THE CITY Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Phil_L, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

I really enjoyed the film and didn't really notice the length. The audience I saw it with in Boston applauded. I think there was a lot of pent up demand for more from these characters.

I loved Charlotte's moments in this film, particularly
    Otherwise a really enjoyable evening at the theater, just like Iron Man last weekend. Would definitely pick up the DVD.

Oh, and I didn't have to be dragged [​IMG]

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Sex and the City". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Sex and the City" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

3. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    The whole show has always been about Carrie, so no surprise Big got scared off at their wedding because of it. I'm just (slightly) surprised that Carrie could ultimately see that, and because of it they finally did get hitched. Nice touch by Big to ensure her BFFs were present, if only outside the door.

One observation about Samantha's storyline: although she broke up with Smith, staying true to her self and her attitude towards monogamy, it was interesting (I thought) that thereafter there was no scene of her getting it on with another man (e.g. the neighbour). Odd, I thought.

And Charlotte's is quite plausible: I have a friend who was adopted, as was his brother, and at age 22 when he was in college, his mother got pregnant for the first time well into her 40s. So he now has a kid brother young enough to be his son.