1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official SERENITY Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Jayne lost a lot of weight, looks much older, and is far from the force of nature he was on the show.

--

H

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Zoe, not Chloe. [​IMG]

3. Michael St. Clair

I still want to know Book's mysterious backstory. I was surprised that he was killed off.

4. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

5. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Jayne looks the same to me too. The biggest visual difference for me, besides Kaylee no longer being as convex, was Wash's clothes which were much less casual and colorful.

6. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray

7. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Watching "Objects in Space" and just noticed Early tells Simon, "You ought to be shot..." [​IMG]
    EDIT: Hmmm. Just saw he got shot in that episode too. Forgot about that. Guess it doesn't apply. Could be a recurring gag though. [​IMG]

8. James T

James T Screenwriter

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Adam Baldwin's Jayne to me depends entirely on the facial hair. It's the key physical characteristic that makes Baldwin look like Jayne.
    "The Train Job" still sticks out to me because Baldwin is clean shaven and I keep wondering why the super soldier from the X-Files is dangling out the underbelly of a spaceship[​IMG]

10. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

To me, the show and movie looked like they could've been shot the same day. The actors look exactly the same. I don't see a difference especially in Mal (other than the end of course).

11. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Saw this last night, and enjoyed it. I never watched the television show, but was interested to see the movie. I liked the lived-in universe the characters inhabited, and I wanted to see more of the Alliance worlds and the rim worlds. It seemed to me that when concocting the series, they must have thought it would be nice to base it on what life would be like for a Han Solo character, separate from any government institution. That's what gives us the average-guy feel to the universe.

I'd go see any sequels.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

In the intervening 1-2 years between filming the TV show and the film, Jewel Staite lost the weight she had when she was playing Kaylee, but Joss was so happy just to have her back for the film, he didn't put any weight demands on her (to bulk back up to her previous Kaylee weight), so that's why she looks slimmer in the film.

13. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    One of the things I liked the most about Mal is that he not only has the qualities of Han Solo (scoundrel in space) but I also realized during his first fight with the Operative that he can take a punch like Indiana Jones.

14. Rudi

Rudi Stunt Coordinator

I just want to chime in with my thumb way way up. I liked this from the first show on TV and it just got better. The movie was so much more intelligent and satisfying then any other science fiction movie I've seen. What was weird was that as soon as I saw the part of the reiver ship get swallowed by Serenity and the doc walk over toward it, I thought to myself the alliance created the reivers. This is definitly going to be watched many times by me. I can only hope for sequels.

15. Rudi

Rudi Stunt Coordinator

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Hell, how about "Aliens" and most of Bill Paxton's dialogue in that movie? It's a way to release nervous energy while trying to do a job in tense situations.

17. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

18. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Watched "Serenity" last Monday afternoon and another Thumb's UP!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (wife, friend and me)!
    Bought Firefly - The Complete Series on January 9, 2004 and we watched the entire 14 episodes, in the correct order, ... about 3-time and we all looked forward to the movie!!! We just loved the Movie! The Theater was about 1/4 full @ 5:10pm, ... so go out and see it on the Big Screen, ... just to experience the Reaver's up-close and personal!!! [​IMG]
    Can't wait for the DVD to come out in 4 - 6 months!?!?! Definitely sound & feel (LFE) better @ home!!! [​IMG]
    Phil

19. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

While the pic. looked GREAT at the theatre in Emeryville where we saw it, the sounds kinda blew. NO low end, way too harsh and midrangey sounding and not loud enough. Can't wait to get the dvd to hear it good as well.
    [​IMG] d

20. David Rosen

David Rosen Agent