What's new

Serenity (2005) (1 Viewer)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Well I just got my copy of this last week, and it was great. I certainly enjoyed my trip back into the world of Firefly, I especially forgot just how funny it can be.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Watched Serenity tonight with my brother. This was the first time seeing the movie after just finishing the Firefly Complete Series dvds yesterday. The experience was a bit richer. I've seen this now about 6-7 times since January and still LOVE it. Serenity has become one of my favorites of all time. Top 20-25 for sure. :)

Josh.C

Second Unit
Tim,
I'm going to say top 15 for me. It's easy to pick apart a movie, even a good one. I can't think of one thing I would change in this film. Throw in the best audio mix I've ever heard, and it zooms to the top of the charts in my book.
GREAT MOVIE! Bass makes my hairs stand up. 10 of 10.
Glad you got to finish up the Firefly serie's. You need to mail it to me now :)
JC

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
GREAT MOVIE! Bass makes my hairs stand up. 10 of 10.
Glad you got to finish up the Firefly serie's. You need to mail it to me now
:)...Serenity does have a FANTASTIC audio mix. Not sure who did it but it rips. Might just have some of the deepest, tightest bass I've ever heard too. Of course that's for the dvd thread. Anyhow, just wish I could have seen Serenity on a good quality commercial theater...oh wait, I did. The former Club Timobi Wan. :D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Rewatching some of the Firefly episodes &
serenitypre3.jpg

Why aren't there Registered Companions now? ;)
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Josh.C

Second Unit
"Use the force Master Timobi", or better yet, "If you are famous, handsome, and rich, she will come" from the epic, Field of Tim's dreams :)
Let me know if she has a sister,
JC

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
I LOVED Serenity. It took me forever to see it. First I had family problems when it came out in theaters, so I didn't have a chance to see it. Then when it was released on dvd, I found out that it would be released on hd dvd, so I decided to wait for that.

What a great film! Great cast, great story, and a powerful theme about freedom and the dangers of utopian thinking. This one I'll be watching over and over again.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Glad to see this movie getting so much attention. Easily my favourite SF/Space Opera film from last year.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I own the score, and it's a very good one. It expertly captures the wild frontier/western feel of the universe while retaining that sci-fi/rock rhythm. I highly reccomend it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Just move to Nevada.
The thing that I love about this movie is the bad guy. I -love- that character. It is one of the most deftly drawn characters in any scifi I can remember. He KNOWS he is evil, but hey, he has to do his job to "protect people who are good" and his evil just paves the way for them to have the good things.
It's such a great twist on how he is so drawn in to the riteousness of his cause that the fact that he has to do ill in order to allow it to happen is "OK" and his own understanding of his position in the whole thing.
Every time I watch I love the general attitude, the makeup of that character. It gets me everytime.
I do also love the sci-fi ploys on dialog. When he gets shot right after saying he's unarmed, I love that scene.
This is a great underappreciated film

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The bad guy isn't evil...he DOES evil. Evil represents a malice he does not have. He is a believer. Like Book, he has faith. His just might be misplaced. but that faith causes him to subvert natural moral instincts.
Hardly evil. That's what made him compelling. And he is aware that his acts are evil acts...but he believes a "greater good" lies at the end. If he was evil, he'd have killed the crew at the end and walked off.
I think Serenity is appreciated exactly as much as it should be...sometimes overly so :)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Tim Glover said:
Really, does anyone here own the score? Thoughts?
I like it, but I like the "Firefly" soundtrack CD better. Just more variety of music; I really enjoy listening to it as an album. I think the music was a very important part of the overall feel of the series, and very much carried the whole "blending of cultures" theme into every episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks