What's new

*** Official SECONDHAND LIONS Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Secondhand Lions". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, I enjoyed this film because of the characters, and the tales they tell. If the trailer interested you, then the film will live up to your expectations. I did think the first 20 minutes were a little dour, but once it picks up steam, it's a very enjoyable film.

I give it 3.25 stars or a grade of B+.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Agreed! Saw this with my 2 daughters. They liked it too.

A great movie. It has charm, humor, and some sweet moments.

:star: :star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
I had intended on giving the movie a B+ rating since I thought the acting between Duvall and Caine were great, but the ending (which I wont detail) dragged my rating to C-

Arman

Screenwriter
A solid B+ (and recommendation) for this surprisingly engaging and very underrated film with not so unexpected brilliant and intelligent performance by Osment. I thought Osment has more "Oscar moments" in this film than Duvall and Caine have combined. I can understand people who would be so upset with the ending but I thought it is one of this film's many unexpected pleasant surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks