***Official SCARY MOVIE 3 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jeffrey Noel, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I've read a couple reviews for it on the net, but just wanted to see what HTF members thought of it. I hope I get a chance to see it this week!

2. steve jaros

steve jaros Second Unit

Steve
    Not as funny as the first one, but clearly superior to the second.

Shocked that it made $50 million over the weekend, though. Disney is red-hot at the BO.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yeah, where's all the "Official" discussion and review threads this week?

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

Scary Movie 3 made 50 million this weekend?

I saw it. It was ok. I actually wasn't a fan of either Scary Movie 1 or 2, but my friend wanted to see this one, so I tagged along.

My favourite part was when Charlie Sheen was curious how his wife was split....Was it the top half or down the middle half, because if it's the bottom half(then pulls out a doughnut and a hotdog)...also a nice tribute to former President Ford.

5. Andy Polo

Andy Polo Stunt Coordinator

I saw it today and it was pretty funny. It is rated PG-13, contrary to the other two movies so it has far less R rated jokes. Some of my high school buddies didn't think it was as funny, probably because of this, but it had its moments. It also did a good job in its parodys. The sets and costumes were identical to the actual movies, not to mention some of the special effects.

6. Raymond_H

Raymond_H Stunt Coordinator

I might see this movie, if I have nothing better to do.

With a new team behind the movies, I am actually a little bit interested in seeing this one. The only thing funny about the previous two was Scary Movie 1's trailer.

Raymond

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Me no like. There were of course a few worthwhile gags. (I really did enjoy George Carlin's moments.) But overall the jokes were way too obvious. I'd call 3 an improvement over 2...but the first one is the only one I actually like.

8. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I enjoyed it. Not as good as the first one, but miles ahead of Scary 2. Quite frankly I was sick of the dick and weed jokes which were all that the Wayan's brothers could come up with. As much as I love R rated humor, this PG-13 installment was a welcome change.

The physical gags were great, especially the constantly hitting the poor little boy, Charlie Sheen's bed wakening, the rapper guy flying out of the window. Best laugh out loud moment for me was when the rapper guy was passed out on the table, wakes up and says "I don't know what happened, I was playing a game...YATZEE!" bang. That was just so perfectly timed.

The whole matrix part in the trailer, they took out. I kept waiting for it.

I agree on what Burke said about the trailers. Holy moly were they advertising some crap, staring everyone you never heard of.

9. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I have not seen this yet, but I really want to. I am a huge David Zucker fan, and didn't really like the first two that the Wayans brothers made, because I thought that the sex jokes got really old, really quickly. The trailer and the TV commercials that I have seen for it have been really funny.

10. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Sucked. Laughed twice.

11. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

It was pretty goddamn awful. I think it may have had something to do with restrictions from a PG-13 rating, but honestly I don't know how much an R rating could've helped. Didn't really laugh, but I did snicker at maybe a handful of jokes. I think the series has gotten exponentially worse since the first one.

12. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I demand a refund! Scary Movie isn't scary!

I demand my $8 back.[​IMG]

On a realistic note, in addition to not being scary, Scary Movie 3 isn't all that funny either. I went with a few friends and not one of us thought the movie was entirely funny, even though it was sparcely peppered with funny content..

Its trys hard to be funny, but only manages one good joke every ten minutes.

On the plus side: I don't think I shall ever see a funnier parody of a short film than the 'Cursed Video' (of Ring fame) in this movie.

I give Scary Movie 3 2-Stars.[​IMG]

13. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Well, I liked the first one. IMHO, if followed the main story line of the Scream movies farily closely. All the while interjecting little tid-bits here and there from several other horror flicks, "I know what you did last summer" (which I think the way they tied that in was great), "The Blair Witch Project", "The Sixth Sense", just to name a few. So to me, it is the one movie that came as close to doing what "Galaxy Quest" did for Star Trek, in reference to the horror genre.

Now, the second one I thought sucked. It was nothing more than a bunch of barely connected barf gags.

From everything I've heard about 3, it has to do more with "SIGNS", than anything else, so I'll probably pass.

14. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Scary Movie 3". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Scary Movie 3" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

M.

15. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think I'll go see this movie instead of having to deal with the trick-or-treaters at the house right after work today. I need some silly laughs after a long week...