What's new

Official Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-Ray player thread (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I've seen a similar topic over at AVS for the BD-P1200 and for the BD-P1000 at DVD Talk. Guess I'm waiting for a firmware fix or a new player upgrade before I get to watch this title. *sigh*

- Walter.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy of Sunshine today. It takes what seems like forever to load and the menus are sluggish, but when I hit play, it played (though I haven't watched the whole thing yet).

One question: Since this thing apparently can't decode the advanced audio formats, which is generally the best audio option - the DTS-HD or Dolby Digital?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Hadn't checked this thread for awhile. Guess I should've tried PLAY.

Samsung has new firmware on their download site for the BD-P1000. Updated my player earlier today and Sunshine played without a hitch. (Visually stunning, BTW.) I selected DTS, but I did not attempt an A/B test with the Dolby track.

I don't own some of the other 'problematic' titles so nothing else to add or test.

- Walter.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I just downloaded this update for the bd-p1000. I went to try and watch 3:10 to Yuma, and it has divided the screen into 4 parts. The image is shifted down and to the right, so that the bottom right part of the image is actually on the top left, and so on. I'm going to try and play some other films and see what happens.

Lovely!

On the positive side it did eliminate a slight flicker on the bottom row of pixels.

Doug

Edit: Well after playing a few other films it seems to have corrected itself. Also the Pirates films seem to load a bit faster.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
There is another firmware update (as of 3/6/08) on the Samsung F/W download site for the Blu-ray player - Samsung BD-P1000. This one is (Version 1.5).
Don't know how long its been there, because I just downloaded version 1.4 on the same site on February 4, 2008.:rolleyes

Paul

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just loaded firmware 1.5 and am playing Sunshine now. Let me say, it is very slow loading with the new firmware, a good 2 minutes but the movie plays fine.

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I am in the process of loading 1.5. When I say process, I mean it has been processing for about 24 hours now. What the hell do I do? I'm afraid to pull the plug on it, and none of the other functions work.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Chris - it sounds like your Samsung might be FUBAR. Look at the bright side, though. Even if it won't play movies anymore, you can still use it as a space heater! These things sure crank out some heat.

Good luck.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
My BD-P1000 isn't working worth a hoot now, discs either don't load or skip often when loaded. I have an extended warranty good for another 11 months so I am going to see what I can do with the warranty coverage. Firmware version 1.5 isn't working well for me. The good news is I also own the BD-P1200 and firmware version 2.3 has that player playing every Blu-ray disc I have tried and loading much faster than previously. If Samsung can fix my BD-P1000 with firmware at some future date, that would be great, but I am tired of waiting. It was a long time coming with the BD-P1200 so who knows at this point?

Chris

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Samsung is still in business? :eek:

Samsung BD-P1000 Firmware Update Released Date: November 14, 2008

Firmware Version 1.8

Wonder if this will solve first generation playability issues?

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks