What's new

***Official*** Rotel RSP 1066 Fact and LOGICAL discussion thread (2 Viewers)

Gregg Z

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, over a month without a post to this monster thread.

I figured I'd update this thread with some good news that Andrew posted in Club Rotel over on the HTGuide Forum.

Rotel has finally addressed the weakness in the 1066's video bandwidth for HDTV (initially the 1066 had a video bandwidth of 10 MHz).

The 1066 is now shipping with 200 MHz video bandwidth. Existing 1066 owners will be able ship their units back to Rotel to be updated with the 200 MHz video bandwidth hardware upgrade for $100 ($150 Canadian). Rotel is scheduled to release details on how to obtain upgrade service starting in February 2003.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
It is nice to see that Rotel is offering the hardware upgrade to existing 1066 owners.

Maybe they can come up with a hardware solution to the double bass on multi-channel input problem and fix that too, while they're at it.

Cary

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Cool!

Are there any other upgrades planned for these new units? Hopefully they fix the double bass issue while they're at it.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :D :D
Just checked the HTGuide Forum for the info and the s/n on my Rotel. It appears that I do have one of the newer units with the 200mhz component inputs.
If I remember correctly, the newer units shipped with the newer version 2.x firmware. When I first received my unit I upgraded my firmware to version 1.45. That was two days before it was discovered that the firmware version could be found by holding the mute button on the remote. According to Rotel, upgrading one of the newer units with anything but a version 2.x firmware would render the unit inoperable. I'm not 100% sure that my unit had the newer firmware originally, but if it did, that would mean that Rotel's claims of the older firmware's mucking up the newer units is invalid (or at least in my case).

Claude D D

Auditioning
Just got my RSP-1066,RMB-1075(both in Silver) about 3 weeks ago as an upgrade from a Sony STRDA5ES(with a RB-1080 running the main 2 channels,I still have my RB-1080,in Silver running my mains)WOW what a difference in sound quality,dynamics are incredible!I now spend more time listening to music and movies than tweaking.Rotel could learn from Sony about user interface and ease of set-up.I really miss the ability to make adjustments on the display rather than onscreen.The increase sound quality is well worth giving up the tweakability of the Sony.I was originally going to get the 1095 but when I listened to the 1075 I was blown away.Separates rule!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks