What's new

*** Official "ROCK STAR" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Rock Star". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Rock Star" should be posted to this thread .
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Dugger
------------------
[Edited last by Chris Dugger on September 06, 2001 at 06:39 AM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
What I liked were, the similarities:
Spoiler:with Mark Walberg being kick out of the band, then going to Steel Dragon, and seeing Bobby getting kicked out, with almost the same results(grabbing the things that were his, and storming off mad)
AND
Mark Walberg at the concert of Steel Dragon, standing right up front and idolizing the singer, then near the end when Mark Walberg is on stage signing, he see someone else, idolizing him, exactly like he did with Bobby.
The montage with Mark Walberg and the band goofing off, in the different states was pretty entertaining.
I just wished they dealt more time/effort with Jennifer Aniston & Walberg at the end Spoiler:trying to rekindle their relationship
I still want this on DVD, it will be nice to watch on occasions. It should have nice sound to it, with the concert scenes.
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on September 08, 2001 at 05:51 PM]

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I really thought the movie would have been better served if those two parallel happenings (kicked out & sing-along concert fan) hadn't been EXACTLY the same. I almost felt a little insulted, like the director didn't think we would notice the parallels unless we were beaten over the head with them. I do think the parallels were a good idea, I just don't think that the idea was well implemented.
Spoiler:I just groaned when Bobby stormed into the recording booth and went for the mic stand - I was somewhat relieved when he came out with the scarf - but still, the cheeze factor was high
Lary
------------------
Want to help the HTF find ET? Click here! Learn more here .

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Although the general plotline is very predictable, I thought the concert sequences were the redeeming factor. I'm a huge fan of 80's rock, and went to many concerts. The concert footage gave me actual goosebumps because it captured EXACTLY what it's like. And I'd certainly rather listen to Kiss, Def Leppard, Ted Nugent, etc. on the soundtrack than the rap/hip-hop crap on many soundtracks recently.

Users who are viewing this thread