What's new

'Official' Rightcliq Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Tiffany-
Yes I would. I spend a small portion of my time on line shopping (including adding things to my wish lists), so if that causes the majority of my web surfing to be sowed down I won't use it. It it didn'tinterfere with my regular websufing I would be able to leave it enabled.

adamfarren

Agent
Real Name
Adam Farren
Rightcliq by VISA is a new shopping tool launching in May that's in its product development phase - and VISA is sponsoring Home Theater Forum for the next six weeks in order to collect feedback from the members of HTF.

www.rightcliqbyvisa.com/htf

and please post your comments in this thread.

When you sign up, you'll be automatically entered to win a $250 gift card; they are giving away one each week for the six weeks of the soft launch.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just attempted to sign up to the site using my Firefox browser.

First, I had no idea exactly what I was getting into.
Upon registration, you are asked about 5 or 6 security
questions which immediately panicked me into thinking
I was signing up for a Visa credit or debit card.

That did not seem to be the case.

The next step is installing the Firefox plug-in. Clicked
on the appropriate icon and the plug-in installed and
automatically restarted my browser.

Problem was, once restarted RightCliq indicated that
the plug-in was not installed. So, I went through the
entire process again -- watching the plug-in install in
a separate mini window and my browser restart.

Again, RightCliq told me that I did not have the
plug-in installed. It also gave me a pop-up box
saying I needed to do something to save cookies.

Not a very pleasant experience overall. Too many
security questions and couldn't install the plug-in
correctly the first time.

Suffice to say I have no idea what RightCliq is
all about but I will check back and try again in
a few days.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I tried to to install it as well (using IE8). Filled out name, email address and password, picked 4 security questions from the list, put in my answers and went to install the plug in. I downloaded it and went through the installation process. When my browser restarted and I hit continue it said it wasn't loaded. Sure enough I don't see it on my IE toolbar area, nor is it listed as an installed plug-in. I re-ran the setup file and it gave me the choice to repair or remove. I tried repair, went through the process and am having the same problem.

I tried the service a few months ago, and while the service was pretty cool the earlier beta version of the plug-in caused a 10-15 second delay when I launched my browser so I unistalled. I'm very interested to see how the newer version works. Like Ron I'll give it another try in a day or two.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Ok. Now it magically appeared. I've added some things to my wishspace. I wish there was a way to go directly to my wishspace w/o having to add something to it, or go through the main Rightcliq portal. I like the concept of clusters in the wishspace, but I can't figure out how to create a cluster to put the products into my wishspace into for items I have already added.
It seems like there are too many clicks to go to a page to buy an item. I have to go to view item details to then go to the item. It seems like I just just be able to go strait to the item. Once on the view item details page it looks like to go to item is grayed out, so it took me a while to finally try it anyway and it worked to take me to the store (see pic). Look at it compared to the edit button. The fact that there is a several second delay before the leaving visa window pops up adds to the feeling that it didn't do anything.

I like the fact that it can keep track of all your gift cards in one place. It makes it easy to just load them in when you get them. I have a tendency to forget I still have one, or am too lazy to go downstairs to try and find it when I want to buy something, so that is a neat feature.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I didn't have any issues with the pages loading or the plug in. My issue resolved around the fact that the prices are different on my saved products than what they are listed for on the original site. For example I picked a pair of Reeboks on Finishline that were listed for $129 with Finishline and $89.00 on RightCliq. I was sure, as there is no indication on the web site, that this would be what happens. It would be great if you get an instant discount using RightCliq as well as a place to part your list of wanted items.

I agree that the user friendliness needs to be looked at as you have to jump through many hoops to sign up, takes lots more hoops to have to navigate just to post something to your list and once it is on your list another set of hoops. For today's consumer it has to be easy to use and fast. This is neither.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tiffany:

I didn't have any issues with the pages loading or the plug in. My issue resolved around the fact that the prices are different on my saved products than what they are listed for on the original site. For example I picked a pair of Nike on Finishline that were listed for $159.99 with Finishline and $59.98 on RightCliq. I wasn't sure, as there is no indication on the web site, that this would be what happens. It would be great if you get an instant discount using RightCliq as well as a place to part your list of wanted items. A lot of people thinking that they were getting a reduced price would be a little miffed when they got their bill for the full amount.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Please continuing this discussion in the feedback thread started by Tiffany with RightCliq.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/296160/we-want-your-feedback-rightcliq-by-visa-preview

Parker

B

blenz

Yeah, I definitely was intimidated by the number of security questions. I was forced to choose questions and answers that I may never remember, there were so many!

That's as far as I've gotten so far, more feedback to come soon.

RightcliqByVisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Craddock
Hi everyone,

Really great feedback - this is exactly what we're looking for. We'll definitely be forwarding all your comments on.

Many of you talked about having to answer numerous security questions. According to the FAQ's on the site - this is necessary to protect information stored in your account, which may include credit card information.
https://rightcliq.visa.com/ECSWebApp/support/faqs.go#security-9

Thanks again, and if you have any further comments or feedback - post them here. We'd love to hear more about your experiences using Rightcliq!

RightcliqByVisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Craddock
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick thanks again for all the feedback. It's all been very helpful to us!

If anyone has any additional comments, let us know. We'd love to hear it.

carolpaul

Auditioning
Real Name
carol
I have signed up. Haha.

I am a manager mainly on China legal consultation service and you know I mainly help international friends protect their business and rights in China. It is very very lucky that one customer in US tell us the place! Thank you so much,! I like it! I will introduce to my other international customers too!

Thank you so much and God bless you!

Carol

www.wincomchina.com.cn
http://www.wincomchina.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks