What's new

*** Official Resident Evil (GC) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I recommend just waiting and playing all the Res Evil games as they get released rather than spoiling them
Well, from what I understand, you only got Wesker's Report if you pre-ordered Code Veronica. Plus, I really have no intention of going back and playing the couple of games I skipped unless Capcom decides to do remakes of them as well. So reading the sysnopsis really helped to understand the whole story.

Aaron

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If RE1 is hugely successful, then maybe they will remake RE2-CV like this? They could at least give us more polys and high-res backgrounds, along with some added bonus things, if not a full remake.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
then maybe they will remake RE2-CV like this?
Oh how I wish. I dont particularly think Code Veronica needs a remake. Its a fine game as is and a direct port would be fine. Now I would give 3 zombie legs for a remake of Resident Evil 2. Capcom you listenin?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If they redid all the RE games like RE1, then it would breath new life into the series and EVERYONE would buy them. Its just a good business strategy.

If only that contract with Nintendo didn't say otherwise.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Waaahhhh, where's my copy!?! Whaaahh! :frowning: MAYBE it will arrive tomorrow morning... I had hoped it'd appear today.
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
D'oh, didn't arrive today, so I e-mailed the folks I ordered it from, it shipped last night so should be here in the morning.

Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Oh me oh my, this is a truly wonderful game. I've only put in 20 mins so far, a test run if you will, because as I know you'll all understand, a bright Saturday morning does not make for the best conditions to play Resident Evil. Mark my words, as the evening draws in, it's down with the blind and back to the Mansion!

Don't anyone ever say violence never hit a Nintendo console. I was truly surprised by the level of detail in gore, not because it was on a Nintendo console, but literally, on any console, in any game. That opening cutscene where chunks of skin and bone and dropping out of the zombie dogs mouth as it rips appart that guys ankle...yeesh.

I went looking for thet first Zombia you'd find in the original. Sure enough he was there, chewing away on a STARS team member, to my horror it took me 10 shots to unload on this mother before he went down. There's great tension to be sure!

Ramming the knife into a zombie's head too, a genius touch, but I take it there's no way to get it back? ie. rip it back out of his face....

I love this!

Dan

Miles_W

Second Unit
Not that I have had any luck with it Dan, but apparently If you get a head shot off you can retrieve your knife. Or if you use a flash grenade ( that combo doesn';t make much sense to me though...)
And Yes thanks to all it does not give me motion sickness :D
good luck

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Someone asked about the Grenade Launcher glitch... yes, it's in here. I found it on Gamespot.com and it works.

Unlimited Grenade Rounds

First, equip the Grenade Launcher with any type of rounds and take Flame Rounds from the Item Box.

Next, open the Item Box again, and put the Flame Rounds into the Item Box. Then, move the cursor to Flame Rounds (in the Item Box menu), and then press the A button. The cursor should move to the Grenade Launcher slot.

Press the A button again, and you should have 456 Flame Rounds.

Repeat the process as desired for any type of Grenade Rounds.

I was using the FLAME ROUNDS... they burn to a crisp, so you don't have to light them on fire, or worry about them coming back.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ok, it's reached suitable lighting conditions for me to tackle this head on.... Down the the window blind and into zee mansion I go!

Dan

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Let us know how many times this game makes you jump, Dan! :D I loved it all the way to the end (played easy mode and with Jill, thus getting more slots) and am going to tackle it again soon in a harder mode.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
What made me jump? DOGS, those bloody dogs! There I was expecting them to dive into the hallway at the moment they did in the original, but noooo.... Only when I went back into the hallway did they scare the crap out of me by appearing... Yeesh.

This game works well in DPLII if anyone has the option to make use of the format on their HT set up. Sure the game seems to be straight stereo at the source, but allowing DPLII to break it up across all channels works well.

The lightning sound effects burst out of all channels, it's very convincing in the surrounds especially. Up front DPLII opens the game up to a huge front soundstage, dialogue is placed firmly in the centre channel whilst music, atmospherics and zombie groans remain present to the mains. There is also a bit of good bass up front on shock moments.

Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Anyone know where I can find the imitation key and the imitation shot gun in order to replace them on their mounts and steal the real ones without getting killed?

Dan

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
to answer your questions dan
the imitation key: first you have to get the dog whistle (which is upstairs in one of the rooms near the first chest you find in the game.. near the east stairwell). when you get the dog whistle use it outside on the balcony on the second floor of the mansion (with chris you need the old key to open the door) when the dogs come u kill them. one of them drops a collar. examine the collar to find a button. press it. it then drops a coin. examine the coin. press the button. it becomes the imitation key. now not too far from there you go down some stairs to where there is a chest room. thats also the room with all the serum. the next door down on that floor near that save room is another door that must be unlocked (on chris' game u need an old key to open this too) open that door and in that room will be a battery pack (or flash grenade), broken shotgun (which you use to replace for the real one) a fuel canteen and an ink ribbion.

hope that helps. i've beaten this game so many times i am a living walkthrough. :D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Thanks, Matt, but where the hell is the 2nd floor balcony I am looking for? I can't help but think I have missed a key somewhere...

Dan

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
I have one of the shape boxes and I can not open it. It's the one that has the 4cm circle hole or indentation on the front. How do I open it?

Thanks Beau

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Beau:

Here you go:

Use the red jewel- for the room were the eagle statue follows your evry move

Hope this helps

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Beau

first move the 2 shelves under the heads of the animals so you can quickly climb on them. If you are fast enough, you can sneak under the eagle while it's looking the other way and take the jewel out just before the eagle has completley turned around to look at you.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
hey dan on the second floor, over the dining hall there is a door that you must use the sword key to open. when you unlock that door, go through it and there will be a silver door in front of you. (if your chris you need the old key to open) unlock that and there will be the outside second floor balcony. it has a few growing green herbs when you open the door.

i don't know if any of you has seen these wallpapers but man they are sweet!!
Rebecca
Hunter
Tyrant
Wesker
Cover Art
Jill and Chris
Mansion Logo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks